Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

superGuitar

Forum Ride Along
EMT-P exam. somewhere around 75-80 questions and only 45min in and then I was done. I never got any of the tricky trivia-level questions the prep sources say are an indicator that you're passing, it was significantly easier than what I was studying for, which worried me a little. But, passed the next morning.

Darian Lockhart

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B exam taken in 2019. Felt like I failed, stopped me at 64 questions in around 40 or so minutes. Took the test on a Friday and had to wait until the next Monday to find out that I passed.

EMT-P exam taken last month. Felt more straight forward than the Paramedic Readiness exam I took with the about the same level of difficulty. Test stopped me at 80 questions in about 45-50 minutes. Took the test at 0800 and got my passing results by 1230.

Last edited:

adre12

Forum Ride Along
Took exam today and got cut off at 70 questions. I just got my score (3 hours later). I PASSED!!!!!

Thistestisevil

Forum Ride Along
I drove over an hour to a testing center to make sure to get it over with before I start the fire academy here in Florida on Monday. Took it at the same time as my buddy at 830am on Friday. Saw my buddy finish early at 70 questions like the other 4 fire candadites that said test cut off at 70 and passed. When I looked over and my buddy was gone and I was on question 75, I started freaking out. Test shut off at 112. I have never been so sure in my life that I failed. Received congrats email 7 hours later. We both passed. I was amazed. Especially after scouring this forum and only finding one person who passed with a 112 cutoff. WTF most stressful waiting period of my life but passed first time.

Clelin

Forum Ride Along
Just finished taking my NREMT-P test , it stopped at 80 questions I definitely think I failed. The last question after searching it on google is 😑 wrong.

Clelin

Forum Ride Along
Took mine today stopped at 80 questions and I believe the last question I got wrong 😑 now the waiting game 😓

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Waiting game...rofl.

All my tests were paper and pencil, and results were delivered via snail mail. Last test I took I could access the results online but it was still a couple of weeks later.

TheEMSDad

Forum Ride Along
Took my NREMT EMT-B yesterday. Ate up all my time down to only 1 minute left. went all the way to like 110-115 questions I lost track the last couple of minutes. I seen it be said before on this forum but "I have never been so sure I failed!" I felt confident about maybe 10-15 questions out of the hundred-something questions I answered. I got my results couple hrs ago (15hrs after the test). I PASSED!! 1st attempt at it. Good luck everyone if you are reading this prior to taking the test! know that as long as you put in the study time you will be okay. School has never been my strong hold. God bless everyone!

chriscemt

Forum Lieutenant
EMT-P last week. Less than 45 minutes, and (I think) 70 questions. Passed. I know I aced the scenario based questions (crew safety before airway) but there were a few that I really didn't know. I get to start my medic orientation in a few weeks. Holy fart.

Also, I used medictests. I think it helped a lot.

Also also, I'll be perusing the ALS forums here with intention.

CisforCharlie

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B: 72 questions, less than an hour (was not watching that clock) -- Passed.

For the students still waiting to take the test: Study your diseases, scour the internet for credible sources for one not in your book. You'll need it.

COVA2006

Forum Ride Along
I'm not sure what the number was, I was concentrating on the last question and waiting for the next one when the computer said I was done. It was around 69 or 71. Some of the questions I had no idea how to answer.

COVA2006

Forum Ride Along
One thing I suggest is to get a medical dictionary and be familiar with medical terminology. It was used quite a bit and I was thrown by that.
I'm and EMT-B.