Poll about our participants' military status

Click what applies to describe your military experience

• Male, current active duty, on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Male, former active duty, had a combat tour.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Male, separated veteran with combat experience (comment on where/when please).

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Male, current active duty, no combat so far.

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Male or female, going to join in next year.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Female, current active duty, on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female, former active duty, had a combat tour.

• Female, separated veteran with combat experience (comment on where/when please).

• Female, current active duty, no combat so far.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I have a family member who is on or had a combat tour.

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Please leave comments as well. Maybe send PM"s or emails to our inactive or former military posters.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

...And we ran out of categories .Use comments for the same as mine:

Separated veteran, no combat tours.

scottyb

Forum Crew Member
Recently separated veteran, two deployments to Middle East.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Not a veteran or a current service member, but I just want to thank everybody who has served, is currently serving, or will be serving in the future. Stay safe out there.

Eric

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for all who currently serve or has in the past. Combat or no combat. I might be lookin to join but we will see. Might not be a great fit for me after all but I might be interested. You never know until you do it. But thanks to all who have served either way.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Click the buttons, that's right, click the buttons...

I served with combat vets and sought their advice, I had nurses from Nam as instructors, some of my best friends are combat vets, activated for DESERT STORM and trained to go to Bosnia-Herzegovina, but I narrowly avoided going. When they sent my guard folks to Travis we all went down the hall and signed up for overseas assignment. They laughed at us.

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
What branch is everybody in? I understand the creater of the thread was Air Guard and another person is Army Ranger.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Close

Active duty USAF '75-'79 (OFFUTT AFB ), Air Guard '80-'97 (NEBRASKA AND CALIFORNIA), activated for DESERT STORM to Travis AFB DGMC.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I'm not in the military myself, but that may change in the future. Almost everyone in my family has been in it at one point or another, and many of them have seen combat.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

NepoZnati, no, of course not

Spetznaz, I presume? Prostiti, tovarische!

NepoZnati

Forum Crew Member
Spetznaz, I presume? Prostiti, tovarische!
:) No, I am sorry. But... Нет проблем, tovarisch mycrofft.

I am from Bosnia and I have 4 years of combat experience ('91-'95)... I was in some special police and military units until I end with front line medics... Was wounded 3 times gaining even more experiences with soft tissue wounds and bone injuries. ;)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

NepoZnati, all my "Russian" I learned from Tom Clancy & Martin Cruz-Smith

You must have some insights we can gain from!

In fact, the more diverse points of view we read the less provincial we can hopefully become.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
:) No, I am sorry. But... Нет проблем, tovarisch mycrofft.

I am from Bosnia and I have 4 years of combat experience ('91-'95)... I was in some special police and military units until I end with front line medics... Was wounded 3 times gaining even more experiences with soft tissue wounds and bone injuries. ;)

Spelled phonetically cause it is the only way I know how...

Styima and kok o stee

dobra?

NepoZnati

Forum Crew Member
You must have some insights we can gain from!

In fact, the more diverse points of view we read the less provincial we can hopefully become.
Clancy? Good stuff!

Thank you, mycrofft. I will try to contribute how much I can, and to answer any question one can have... :blush: Maybe for start I can use this opportunity to give my THANKS to the brave firefighters who volunteer to come and bring us supplies and even gave they hand in fighting fires in Sarajevo, during the war!? That was amazing!!

Spelled phonetically cause it is the only way I know how...

Styima and kok o stee

dobra?
You are almost there, akflightmedic! :) Seams to me, someone in Sarajevo tech you those. Am I right?! ;)

thank you... dobro. kako ti?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

I know I know.....

Stana Katic
Goran Visnjic

I am always amazed at the folks in war zones who continue to press on helping others, sometimes under fire, with so little.
(And amazed day to day how little we get done with so much).