personal trauma packs?

astoesz

Forum Ride Along
Im sure at some time this has been posted before but what all do you guys have in you personal packs?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
alright, im coming out of my retirement for this one.

if you know its already been posted, why ask it again? why not search instead, get the answer from any of the dozens of threads already on the topic and be done with it.

i dont understand how people think writing "i know this has been done before" excuses them from basic logic.

funny-1.gif

firecoins

IFT Puppet
This "use the search function" idea needs to stop. Its a discussion forum on EMS. The same topics will come up over and over. There are only so many topics before they repeat. We can replace this unoriginal thread with the original thread of BLS verusus ALS or the other original idea of what a good reason to get involved in EMS is.

I have a "trauma" pack. It contains a box of gloves and a CPR mask. That is all.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
yeah, good luck with that.

oh, and before anybody complains about that gif, it was reffered to me and reccomended that it become my avatar by one of our moderators. almost a papal sacntion there.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
while I agree that it is, in some cases, ok to start new threads over old topics, this is not one of them.
HOWEVER. If we keep turning our backs on these topics like personal medical bags/equipment, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Eventually there will be a flood of locked threads containing the same question over trauma kits and the same three posts and a lock. The flood will become such that no one will be able to pick the meat out of over discussed topics, in turn creating a need for more of the same topics.

We need to make a master thread for "personal trauma/jump bags" and sticky it. Than lock and phase out/delete the rest.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Or we could just answer the question the OP asked and then the info would be in the thread and if we dont have anything to say say nothing at all!!!!B)

Personally I dont carry a personal kit although I may get one and then it would include bandages, BVM, Shears, Light,

SpudCrushr

Forum Crew Member
(This is for my POV, I don't run calls due to age)

I agree, answer the question and move on. Flipping out on someone for not searching will just scare them off. (however I know it can be irritating at times)

I always have an "emergency" bag in my car with 50' of 8mm dynamic rope, carabeaners (for rope systems), a survival kit, trauma kit, general medical kit, etc

Sometimes I'll take my personal kit along too, depends on my mood. ANYWAY...

My trauma kit is small and just included gauze, abdominal pads, gloves, few band-aids, roller gauze, shears....I think that's about it.

However I also have other gear for non-trauma emergencies. Plus my person bag has a 'scope, BP cuff, more gauze, etc.

tydek07

Forum Captain
I have first responder bags... technically they are not mine, but the volunteer service that I help out when I go back home (mainly on holidays). They let me keep the pager and jump bags even though I help out only a few days a year, now that I moved away from the area.

The bags contain everything that you will find on a BLS truck, but the next time I get over there... they are going to give me ALS jump bags that I can use in that specific area.

Take Care,

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Personal, like for your own use? On You? Wow!

Buzz

Forum Captain
I have a tiny store-bought first aid kit in my vehicle. Nothing more than a pair of tweasers, some bandaids, ASA, tylenol, motrin, cold pack, and some gauze. I've opened it once--because I got a headache while driving cross state and knew that the meds would be expiring soon.

Only reason I even purchased the thing was to keep it with me while I'm out kayaking or camping.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
In my POV I cary a pair of gloves, a couple of 4x4s, some band-aids and Extra Stength Tylenol for me. All of this stuff has been used, mostly on me. (I'm kind of a klutz when I'm working on my truck.)

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
For in the city.. nothing really. A small first aid kit, and a pocket mask, oh and my cell for the 9-11.

When I go on long road trips, I will take a company jump kit and sometimes O2. Why? Well when you are and hour and a half from the nearest city, and the area doesn't fall under any fire depts. response area, you can be waiting for a while for the ambo to show up.. so if you have some O2 than there ya go.

tydek07

Forum Captain
Personal, like for your own use? On You? Wow!

Oops, I read the thread wrong haha... I guess I have used some supplies on myself, but they are mainly for others, as if I should come across something on the road. Of course, I can not use the ALS supplies unless I am in that volunteer ambulance services district and the ambulance is called to the scene.

Take Care,

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a basic first aid kit in my car. I carry a very small abbreviated jump kit for when I respond as a vollie. That and my SAR 24hr pack since I'm often deployed on a SAR from work (generally when I decide to wear girl shoes to work)