Patients trying to add you

Stoked

Forum Crew Member
What's this Facebook thing? My version of "social networking" consists of calling people on a phone or talking to them in person.

This whole Internet boondoggle is a passing fancy anyways; CW is where it's at.

JPINFV

Gadfly
First, your service sucks if it allows/requires your first and last name to be advertised. Most hospitals and EMS/FD services did away with this a long time ago. You have a certain expectation of privacy as well even though you are a public servant, your employer should respect that.

At the local county/teaching hospital, the emergency department (and psych too I think) only has first name, last initial on their name badge... unlike the rest of the hospital.

Not that it really matters. If the patient wants your name all they have to do is request a copy of their medical records.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, we have our first and last names prominently embroidered on our flight suit. Not what I'd prefer, but nothing that bothers me too much.

Achilles

Forum Moron
At the local county/teaching hospital, the emergency department (and psych too I think) only has first name, last initial on their name badge... unlike the rest of the hospital.

Not that it really matters. If the patient wants your name all they have to do is request a copy of their medical records.

Paging Dr. Armstrong.
JP, you're Dr. Stork (the baby deliverer) right :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My service issue name tag has first name and last initial. The sheriff's office ID that we have to wear has first and last, and must be worn to every call, so I lose there. Never had a problem though.

TechMedic

Forum Lieutenant
911?

Send me Nathan!

yqenumas.jpg

augustHorch

Forum Probie
i know im going to get slammed for this but...

I dont do it, but honestly... in specific circumstances... i dont see what the big deal is.

I could see it happening if they werent a frequent flier... If they were to look me up on facebook, say they appreciated the response, and also noticed we had an aquantance in common or something. Back when i was single, i would have totally concidered going for this!

My facebook doesnt have a WHOLE LOT of personal information... They wouldnt be able to figure out where i sleep at night, and they already know where i work. They wouldnt know what i do on a regular basis and i dont think there would be a lot of risk.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I could see it happening if they werent a frequent flier... If they were to look me up on facebook, say they appreciated the response, and also noticed we had an aquantance in common or something. Back when i was single, i would have totally concidered going for this!

My facebook doesnt have a WHOLE LOT of personal information... They wouldnt be able to figure out where i sleep at night, and they already know where i work. They wouldnt know what i do on a regular basis and i dont think there would be a lot of risk.

:unsure: You're kidding, right?:ph34r:

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
i know im going to get slammed for this but...

I dont do it, but honestly... in specific circumstances... i dont see what the big deal is.

hillbilly-o.gif

I joined EMS for the chicks, but realised they are all 75+

augustHorch

Forum Probie
:unsure: You're kidding, right?:ph34r:

Well...

Im not saying i did it. But when i was a single 20 year old, volunteering at a small rural department out in the county.. sure i might have considered it.

Not saying it would have been the smartest decision, but i wouldnt say i was the smartest kid back then. haha

CFal

Forum Captain
I accepted the request of a patient once, but to be fair she was cute.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I accepted the request of a patient once, but to be fair she was cute.

There's people that have married their PTs. The city I live in is just over 10,000 people, everyone knows everyone.

What if you ran a call on someone who was already your friend on Facebook, would you delete them?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Unless she was pretty cute, and you like the crazy types, I would say nooooooooo.

the potential for problems is waaaay too high. Keep your work life and personal life seperate.

I would just ignore any requests from patients. esp the psych ones.

CFal

Forum Captain
Unless she was pretty cute, and you like the crazy types, I would say nooooooooo.

the potential for problems is waaaay too high. Keep your work life and personal life seperate.

I would just ignore any requests from patients. esp the psych ones.

It's all about the Vicky Mendoza Diagonal

Hot-crazy_scale.png