• opposite

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • other- I never figured out if they were a man or a woman

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
no, pervs. I'm not asking if you are having sex w/ your partner....:p

Do you have a regular partner, and are they the same sex or opposite sex?

All 3 of my regular partners have been male. 1 treated me like a girl, 1 \was too big of a douche bag to treat me like anything and my current partner treats me like one of the boys (which I prefer!!).... I've ridden w/ other women but much prefer a male partner.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
The only female regular partner I've had was my FTO. Of course, right now I'm between regular partners. And, yeah I've had one partner that was, um, well, we really didn't talk much, and the others treated me like one of the guys (for the most part, had an issue early on when he and his friends were trying to figure out what kind of girl I was)

reaper

Working Bum
I have alays prefered women partners. Just seems to work out better and have more fun!

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
I also enjoy working with female partners.

One of my first partners was female, we worked together for about five years, She was great. I think female patients also benefit from having a female provider talk to them.

They also usually have a better bedside manor then me. :rolleyes:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
It is usually either a male or female partners, yes I have had pilots that were both (seriously).

R/r 911

pdibsie

Forum Probie
I also enjoy working with female partners.

One of my first partners was female, we worked together for about five years, She was great. I think female patients also benefit from having a female provider talk to them.

They also usually have a better bedside manor then me. :rolleyes:

I agree. I've noticed that some patients respond very well to me immediately, and some patients want a girl there with them. We switch patient care every time, but sometimes we will double up without hesitation because of the feeling we get from the patient.

Oh, and I would have possibly named this thread "Partner's Gender". I was definitely thrown off by the title :)

Last edited by a moderator:

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Personally, I dont inquire as to my partner's sex life.

OP
OP
E

ErinCooley

Forum Lieutenant
I agree. I've noticed that some patients respond very well to me immediately, and some patients want a girl there with them. We switch patient care every time, but sometimes we will double up without hesitation because of the feeling we get from the patient.

Oh, and I would have possibly named this thread "Partner's Gender". I was definitely thrown off by the title :)

I did that on purpose ^_^

Sasha

Forum Chief
I liked working with girls better, I was always more comfortable working with another female (Men can be such pigs.) as long as she could lift as well as I could.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Personally I like the one male one female crew. That way you have all angles covered. Two of my three favorite partners are girls.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I've had both male and female partners, but prefer to have male partners. I just seem to get along with them better.

NEMed2

Forum Crew Member
I've had both but prefer male partners. It allows for more diversity in care if the patient prefers one over the other. And its certainly nice with a few of our older gentlemen that constantly try to take a swing at the female EMTs.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
lets bump an old thread.

all my full time partner were men. At my previous job, my partner was a woman on most shifts; when she wasn't working, I ended up working with her husband.

Personally I don't care if my partner is a man or a woman as long as they can do the job. man, woman, gay or straight, don't care. As long as you can do the job, that's all I care about. having a good personality helps the day go by better, but I don't care if you are a guy or a girl as long as you can do the job.

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
I don't care as long as they do their job...

I prefer partners that do the freakin job. It doesn't matter what gender, color, or sexual orientation, they just need to step up when the time comes.

trevor1189

Forum Captain
No regular partner, by fire based ems, it's usually another guy with me. Sometimes I get a female partner on a call. I really couldn't care less as long as they are competent.

605medic

Forum Probie
My partner for the last 3 yrs has been male. I usually prefer a female partner. I look at primarily from a pt care stand point. I think it is beneficial to have coed crews because you never know who your pt will or will not talk too.

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
I've had both girl and guy partners. I don't mind working with either one, so long as they can lift.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I prefer female partners. They are usually more respectful and less immature than most of the males.

Rabbit

Forum Probie
no, pervs. I'm not asking if you are having sex w/ your partner....:p

Do you have a regular partner, and are they the same sex or opposite sex?

All 3 of my regular partners have been male. 1 treated me like a girl, 1 \was too big of a douche bag to treat me like anything and my current partner treats me like one of the boys (which I prefer!!).... I've ridden w/ other women but much prefer a male partner.

Why do you prefer riding with males over females? I hope most people don't feel that way, wouldn't be good business for the rest of us females when we try to get employed..

I am not am EMT yet so I can't answer your poll but I'm sure I'd like either or.. we'll see. Maybe I will let you know around August ;)