Votes: 14 35.0%
  • opposite

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • other- I never figured out if they were a man or a woman

Votes: 7 17.5%

• Total voters

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
I seem to work better with the guys then the gals. I do not have a set partner it is normally whoever shows up in which ambulance is called.
There are a couple of women in my county EMS that I would rather not have to work with.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
Do you have a regular partner, and are they the same sex or opposite sex?

None of us at our squad have 'regular partners.' It's just whoever happens to be on duty or come in for a volunteer call. Our squad's about 50 / 50 and I seriously have no preference on whether I'm running with another woman or another man. There one or two of the woman paramedics that irritate me a bit because if we get a call for a female problem than because I'm NOT a female then I can't handle the call and / or work the back. IMO we all do the same job. It doesn't matter who runs the call as long as they are competent.

emt_irl

Forum Captain
i get along with both.. if im on with one of the girls i just treat them like one of the guys and i treat most of the guys like girls haha only joking

i get along with all the group

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
I like having a male partner, because sometimes I get male patients who don't want me to examine their genitals on calls that need it. Although they usually let me do it after a bit of persuasion, having a guy do it is easier and makes the patient more comfortable. We get female complaints a lot more often, and my male partners are usually glad to have me around for those, too.

I get along pretty well with both men and women in general. I have problems with some individuals, but it's almost never related to gender.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I typically have a male partner. Prefer to not have a female partner for the most part due to lifting issues.

If a woman can't lift, she shouldn't be employed. Nothing I can't stand than a woman who can't carry her own weight.

Now that is not to say that I will not allow a FF or male partner to take the heavy part or lift if they offer to... There's no reason for me to break my back if they offer to do it.

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
If a woman can't lift, she shouldn't be employed. Nothing I can't stand than a woman who can't carry her own weight.
You know, this is one of my pet peeves too. We (sadly) have a couple of women EMT's at the squad that insist on pretty much NEVER lifting a patient because they are so small and just can't do the lifting. Suggesting that maybe they should work out (or something) to increase their strength to be able to lift a patient does nothing to endear them to me either. :/

I'm totally with you though. If you're going to do the job, that means ALL aspects of the job, including the lifting.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
Chose the 3rd option, though I didn't like its limitations. Quite frankly I couldn't care less the gender of my partners: ground, air, Driver, Basic, Intermediate, medic, nurse, MD, or pilot. I only have one requirement. That they live up to that most important title of all: partner.

MTEMTB

Forum Crew Member
Sasha Wolfndd unfortunately there are a few women like that but luckily there are more not like them.

I rode on an ambulance for a shift, some friends worked for the company. Wanted to get a better idea of how it worked on a larger crew.
Was lifting the gurney and doing everything I was told to do and asking questions to learn.
Everything was fine until we were sitting in the crew room and up walks my other friend who then pats my belly and asks how the baby was doing.:blush:
Didn't tell everyone I was 5 months pregnant. I was then forbidden to lift a gurney.

beaugrl0824

Forum Ride Along
I work with 3 regular male partners and 1 female, that being said I prefer working with my male partners. They treat me as one of the guys most of time. I have never enjoyed working with the female but I have no problems working with the other women that work for the company, her and I just don't mess well with our personalities.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
There are 3 Females in my Company and ive worked with 2 of them and they both are amazing!! and they also can lift more than their weight

one of them i worked with on monday,and i hope i get to work with her every sunday, she is one of the most intelligent Partners ive had!! I love her!!!!(not in that way)

I get along with all of the guys too, except one i had on Wednesday was a bit of a **** (macho FF wanna-be) he really wasn't in EMS for the medical aspect of things