Paramedic Student Having Trouble Getting Clinical Rotation

Sean M Wiederholt

Forum Ride Along
Hello paramedics, EMTs, Fire, and everyone else!! This is my first forum posting, so please, bear with me. Okay. To begin, I'm a paramedic student in Washington State. However, I got my education in McCook Nebraska, an accelerated program. Yes....I've been on this site and others like it and I know the problems that many people have with these programs. This is not my frustration. In fact, my didactic portion went extremely well. I have a huge wealth of knowledge that I study everyday. Here in lies my issue:

The director and myself have tried to get a hospital in my area on board with allowing me to do my clinical rotation here. Suffice it to say I'm very disappointed. The director is trying, however in my desperation, I thought that reaching out to the internet would provide me with some clues and perhaps answers to my troubles and offer me guidance with a clinical rotation.

I'm very pleased with my skills currently; keeping in mind I'm still a student and have MUCH to learn. Let's just say my skills are decent for where I am in my education. There's much more room to grow. Much.

I'm sitting in a parking lot typing this, in a way, I'm parked in terms of my education and growth as a paramedic. I need help to get th that next step. The clinical and field rotation steps. Again, I'm a paramedic student living in Washington State and competed the accelerated paramedic program at McCook college in Nebraska.

I put my question to the interwebs....your help and thoughts are most gratefully received and appreciated. Thank you people!! Cheers!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Your school didn't set up your clinical rotations? (That's how it usually works)

Where in Washington are you?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
See if there are any clinical sites where your class is based to get your hours done

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Hello paramedics, EMTs, Fire, and everyone else!! This is my first forum posting, so please, bear with me. Okay. To begin, I'm a paramedic student in Washington State. However, I got my education in McCook Nebraska, an accelerated program. Yes....I've been on this site and others like it and I know the problems that many people have with these programs. This is not my frustration. In fact, my didactic portion went extremely well. I have a huge wealth of knowledge that I study everyday. Here in lies my issue:

The director and myself have tried to get a hospital in my area on board with allowing me to do my clinical rotation here. Suffice it to say I'm very disappointed. The director is trying, however in my desperation, I thought that reaching out to the internet would provide me with some clues and perhaps answers to my troubles and offer me guidance with a clinical rotation.

I'm very pleased with my skills currently; keeping in mind I'm still a student and have MUCH to learn. Let's just say my skills are decent for where I am in my education. There's much more room to grow. Much.

I'm sitting in a parking lot typing this, in a way, I'm parked in terms of my education and growth as a paramedic. I need help to get th that next step. The clinical and field rotation steps. Again, I'm a paramedic student living in Washington State and competed the accelerated paramedic program at McCook college in Nebraska.

I put my question to the interwebs....your help and thoughts are most gratefully received and appreciated. Thank you people!! Cheers!
You may not have any luck getting a nearby hospital to accept you. Have you looked into temporary relocation to an area that the school can get you in a hospital and field rotation in? Not all programs can place students near where they presently live, despite what they might say.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm with @luke_31. They only require 430 clinical/field hours. I'd spend a couple of months in Nebraska meeting their requirements.

Many months of my life were spent slogging away towards a brighter future. I wouldn't think twice about a short term location.

Good luck!