Paramedic schools in California?

ThatEMTGuy

Forum Crew Member
I live in the Long Beach area, does anyone recommend a paramedic school around this area?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I live in the Long Beach area, does anyone recommend a paramedic school around this area?
1)UCLA $17k

2)NCTI $10K (part time)

3)Mt Sac ($5k+)

4)Moreno Valley Jc ($5k)

5)AVC, lancaster part time ($10k)

6)Crafton Hills Jc ($5k) part time

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
1)UCLA $17k

2)NCTI $10K (part time)

3)Mt Sac ($5k+)

4)Moreno Valley Jc ($5k)

or free if you get the BOG waiver for any of the community college programs... my medic school was free :)

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
I got the BOG wavier at my CC, but they don't have a medic program. What can I do?

If you do choose a medic program at a CC. Just reapply for fafsa using that schools fafsa number when you enroll in medic school. Remember you have to reapply for fafsa yearly. I had to apply for fafsa fall sem. To be covered through winter,spring, summer. Then again in spring to cover fall semester of the following year

Twitch559

Forum Crew Member
Bakersfield college dose it also

Tony103

Forum Ride Along
Im in the same boat you are, I live in LBC as well and looking into it Paramedic school, but everything seems so damn far! what did you decide on?

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Yes but that's 2 and a half hours away from LBC
We have one guy in class right now who's commuting from Laguna beach, and several from LA. They drive up on a monday and stay at a hotel with some of the other guys from class during the week.
If you're too attached to staying local, you may continue to have the same problem finding a program.
You've also got Saddleback in Mission viejo and Palomar further south.

Ripley

Forum Ride Along
1)UCLA $17k

2)NCTI $10K (part time)

3)Mt Sac ($5k+)

4)Moreno Valley Jc ($5k)

For UCLA it's about $17900 if you do the part time/hybrid program. About $12k if you do the "traditional" program as they call it.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For UCLA it's about $17900 if you do the part time/hybrid program. About $12k if you do the "traditional" program as they call it.
My god. Do you also have to sacrifice a virgin?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Yup. Ridiculous amount. I have been searching for other good paramedic schools in southern california that aren't ff focused...
Check out percom the online paramedic program its about $5k. Its approved and you can sit for your nremtp

rodoni

Forum Probie
here's the breakdown for Sac State's Paramedic Program as of 2014/2015. Keep in mind that the course total (11,700) DOES NOT include what the agency will charge you for interning with their company; IE: Sac City FD charges an additional ~$2500 to intern with them. A smaller company may only charge ~$1000. This program also gives you 30 transferable college credits.

Attachments

• Paramedic Payment Schedule 14-2.pdf
    144.8 KB · Views: 260

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
here's the breakdown for Sac State's Paramedic Program as of 2014/2015. Keep in mind that the course total (11,700) DOES NOT include what the agency will charge you for interning with their company; IE: Sac City FD charges an additional ~$2500 to intern with them. A smaller company may only charge ~$1000. This program also gives you 30 transferable college credits.
Agencies actually charge students to do internship for them? That's a joke

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Mine was $1500
This is the first time I am hearing about this. The only time agencies charge students around here is if you get placed with the fire departments, they will normally charge $5 per day for food and that's it.