mct601

RN/NRP
Hey all, it has been quite a while since I have been here.

I am gearing up to apply for some part time flight jobs in the area. At least one requires a resume to complete an application, therefore I will need to build one. I have been able to skirt by for five years in EMS without one.

Does anyone have any public examples/templates of solid layouts? Any tips I should consider when building it? I want to make sure it's adequate for the audience viewing it.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
There are plenty of templates online. Also if you have Microsoft office there are templates for you to use.

As for advice? Make sure it doesn't hurt your brain to read it or figure out what's going on. Have a friend of family member look at it to see if their brains hurt as well.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I have always offered my services for resume/CV review.

If you want a critical analysis, send it my way and all is kept in confidence. You can omit your personal details and change the name of the service/jobs if you want. I will critique format and what descriptions you wrote.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I have always offered my services for resume/CV review.

If you want a critical analysis, send it my way and all is kept in confidence. You can omit your personal details and change the name of the service/jobs if you want. I will critique format and what descriptions you wrote.

That's very cool of you.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Accentuate your positives -- e.g., experience, education, military service. Try to keep it to one page. Don't waste space on superficial prose. Leave out the summer jobs involving hamburgers, dog grooming, etc.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ok my biggest question is that I keep hearing about a one page max... But between various jobs in almost 8 years of EMS and education/credentials... I just don't see how that's always possible. I know I haven't been able to get it shorter than 2 pages
Is it really that big a deal?

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
^^ I've never heard of a one page max (at least not for white collar jobs and the like). If anything, most people have trouble padding up their resume enough to show substantial work history. Just don't print up a bunch of irrelevant or uninteresting material.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief