Over 100 resumes Sent

Amber

Forum Crew Member
I am becoming quite frustrated and discouraged. I have sent out over 100 resumes, spoke to countless people, had one scheduled interview/resume drop off (idk some say well look at your resume during the interview?), and NO call backs.....and the one interview thing the guy wasn't even there when I was told to come? Yeah.... Ive basically went down the phone book, with in a 50 mile radius, regardless of their reputation and got their fax number, whether or not they where hiring, and sent my resume.

Oh guess I should say I'm a new EMT-B. And am enrolled in the medic program as well. Im not new to the medical field, I've been a medical assistant (yes i know, so not the same as an EMT, but I have better knowelege than the average joe blow new emt) since '04.

Any Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

BEorP

Forum Captain
Where are you located?

And do you call to follow-up after sending resumes in or just wait around hoping to hear something?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Amber,

Faxing your resume isn't going to cut it. You need to drop off your resume, call them directly, apply via their websites, and be persistent. There are jobs out there to those willing to go the extra mile. Good luck!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Amber,

Faxing your resume isn't going to cut it. You need to drop off your resume, call them directly, apply via their websites, and be persistent. There are jobs out there to those willing to go the extra mile. Good luck!

Quoted for truth.

I don't wanna sound harsh, but I have never had a problem getting a job. Gone from job to job for the last 4 years (by personal choice) with minimal down time. It's not that hard to get a job, just put in the leg work and the time, be persistent but not annoying. Be professional and confident, but not cocky.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Actually, in some locations it is...

Actually it doesn't matter... It HOW you do it.... If you wanna do what everybody else does, ya it's hard... if you wanna set yourself apart.. then no its easy.

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
Actually it doesn't matter... It HOW you do it.... If you wanna do what everybody else does, ya it's hard... if you wanna set yourself apart.. then no its easy.
No, it isn't. If there is virtually no jobs in your area, or no jobs that fit your qualifications, you can't get the job. And stop trying to argue.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
And stop trying to argue.

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot. It's a pleasure to introduce the two of you. I hope you have a long and fruitful relationship.

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
No, it isn't. If there is virtually no jobs in your area, or no jobs that fit your qualifications, you can't get the job. And stop trying to argue.

I live in southern california.....I got a job 25 days after I became Nationally Registered at a large ift company.....its called being motivated and not picky....knowing your :censored::censored::censored::censored: and going to a reputable emt school helps....also if by "in your area" you mean 10 mile radius of your house it isnt going to happen be prepared to commute up to 50 miles if not theres a mcdonalds down the street waiting for applications.

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
I live in southern california.....I got a job 25 days after I became Nationally Registered at a large ift company.....its called being motivated and not picky....knowing your :censored::censored::censored::censored: and going to a reputable emt school helps....
I wasn't even talking about Southern California...

TheyCallMeNasty

Forum Crew Member
I wasn't even talking about Southern California...

yea I know you weren't but it being one of the harder places to get an emt job I thought I'd post.....plus im trying to be motivating that its possible....dont wanna roll into a employment thread and agree that its hard and have a huge pity party lol

Katy

Forum Lieutenant
yea I know you weren't but it being one of the harder places to get an emt job I thought I'd post.....plus im trying to be motivating that its possible....dont wanna roll into a employment thread and agree that its hard and have a huge pity party lol
Agreed, no pity party needed.

Sasha

Forum Chief

Dude YOU are the one who started the argument.

No one said in your area, but it's not hard to get a job. You have to set yourself out from everyone else, that includes the willingness to relocate for your employment.

It may not be the job you WANT where you want, but it's not hard to get a job.

epipusher

Forum Asst. Chief

No one said in your area, but it's not hard to get a job. You have to set yourself out from everyone else, that includes the willingness to relocate for your employment.

dawt. I just moved two states away for a better Paramedic job.

OP
OP
A

Amber

Forum Crew Member
Im in houston, well close to, I have went to several locations, and tried to drop off resumes, and they said you have to go to our website, then email resumes. So after wasting so much gas, that I dont have, I started calling first. I called just about every place at least twice now, (maybe not using the right words and becoming annoying? I simply say "Hi, this is Amber last name, I was wondering if you have had a chance to take alook at my resume yet" and their reply is always "No not yet, but if we are interested well call you" so ughhhh....

OP
OP
A

Amber

Forum Crew Member
dawt. I just moved two states away for a better Paramedic job.

Im not in the position to move....Im married, he owns a business, a mother of a special needs kiddo, so we have to stay close to her docs, and a student, so need to stay close to the school.......Also Im 25, and own my home and land, it seems counter productive to move and have to achieve that again.

OP
OP
A

Amber

Forum Crew Member

I dont care what job it is.....as of last night, Ive even started putting resumes in for freaking medical assistant positions, now, those for night jobs are hard to come by.....I only say night jobs on those because they generally dont wanna work around school.

OP
OP
A

Amber

Forum Crew Member
Quoted for truth.

I don't wanna sound harsh, but I have never had a problem getting a job. Gone from job to job for the last 4 years (by personal choice) with minimal down time. It's not that hard to get a job, just put in the leg work and the time, be persistent but not annoying. Be professional and confident, but not cocky.

Ive never had a problem getting a job either. Until now that is....