Orange County, Ca NREMT Re-Cert Class???

EMTzimp

Forum Probie
I wanna get started getting CE's for my National Registry that expires a march 2011. Does anybody know of any classes in Orange County, CA where i would be able to get all the CE's in one class? I'd rather just go to a class then just do it all online...

JPINFV

Gadfly
College course in:
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Psychology
Pharmacology
etc.

Alternatively, a 24 hour refresher also meets the CME requirement.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
College course in:
Anatomy
Physiology
Chemistry
Psychology
Pharmacology
etc.

Alternatively, a 24 hour refresher also meets the CME requirement.

i didnt know A&P or any of those College Courses counted as CE? thats really cool

that means i can Use those classes for my CE and Pre Reqs for Nursing school in the future

JPINFV

Gadfly
"Provide proof of completing 24 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during the current certification cycle. CE may be performed in the following manner with limitations:
c. Provide copies of transcripts of college coursework completed."
http://ochealthinfo.com/medical/ems/licensing/licensing.htm#RE-CERTIFICATION

Also, if you look at the NREMT brochure, college courses count towards the 48 hour portion, but not the refresher portion.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
"Provide proof of completing 24 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during the current certification cycle. CE may be performed in the following manner with limitations:
c. Provide copies of transcripts of college coursework completed."

Also, if you look at the NREMT brochure, college courses count towards the 48 hour portion, but not the refresher portion.

Also Can i use the Same CE classes for the LA County Recert as well?

btw JPINFV you are a big help!!!

JPINFV

Gadfly
I honestly don't know the ins and outs of LA county, but you probably can. Check their website.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I honestly don't know the ins and outs of LA county, but you probably can. Check their website.

ok cool im certed both in LA County and Orange, i hear that by the end of this year that they are gonna have a system were you can get one county cert and its valid throughout the whole state so you dont have to get certed in every county you work in

unless they have an Expanded scope or a different scope like LA County then im sure ull have to get a cert for that

JPINFV

Gadfly
#

Provide proof of completing 24 hours of Continuing Education (CE) during the current certification cycle. CE may be performed in the following manner with limitations:

Completion of a 24-hour refresher course

Completion of 24 individual or groups hours of approved continuing education. Performing greater than 12 hours of online CE in a single day is not acceptable to OCEMS and will result in a audit of work performed.

Provide copies of transcripts of college coursework completed.

CSLEMT

Forum Ride Along
LA County 24hr Recert

What is the best place to do your 24hr recertification in LA County??