Nremt says I failed but personally I feel like I passed.

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
Hello I have taken the nremt for a 2nd time, and I failed. but personally I feel like I passed it. I will admit I did get questions wrong and that I had failed the area of ems operations. Though my test results told me I was near passing in Airway Breathing and Ventilation, Cardiology and Resuscitation, Medical which included pregnancy and whatever else, and trauma. But I had failed ems operations. Now with what my test results are telling to go over because of what it thinks I am weak at, I'd say that that is wrong. I knew I got the questions right in what it was telling me to go over for studying. I know I got the questions right on cardiac rhythms, management of chest pain, and what to do for a patient who is suspected of having a spinal injury, and much more. Apparently you can pay 75 dollars to have the nremt to have someone to go over and review the test. Has anyone ever had the nremt to have a person to go over the test? I would like to know.

OP
OP
R

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
also the nremt requires a standard level of competency in order for a test taker to pass it. Which makes sense because it requires you to answer at least 70 questions but 120 questions at the most. In which it stops you at any of those questions in that range. So I would say that you are not going to answer all questions that are in each area of the test. So can anyone tell me if I am right on that, because that gives off you may not actually be required to pass all areas on the test. Say like I passed cardiology, airway, and trauma, but fail medical and ems operations? I need help on this comment too.

OP
OP
R

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
okay look. it requires you to answer at least 70 questions but 120 at the most. It will stop you at a question within that range. The nremt website says it is a standard level of competency that is required for a student to pass. So would you say you need to pass all areas on the test?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
okay look. it requires you to answer at least 70 questions but 120 at the most. It will stop you at a question within that range. The nremt website says it is a standard level of competency that is required for a student to pass. So would you say you need to pass all areas on the test?
Yes. A fail in even one section will fail you in the entire exam

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello I have taken the nremt for a 2nd time, and I failed. but personally I feel like I passed it.
Sorry to sound like an ***, but the hard truth is your personal feelings matter precisely zero, zip, nada on whether or not you demonstrated competency in the materials being tested on.

In my Army Physical Fitness Test I could personally feel like I did 80 proper push ups in the time alloted, or that the stopwatch was rigged so they only gave us 1 min 45 sec instead of the full 2 min....but if my grader only counts 40 properly completed push ups in the alloted time, guess what? I fail. Period. The ONLY way to argue this and overturn that failing score is to, wait for it......RETAKE THE ENTIRE TEST AND ACHIEVE A PASSING SCORE. Same thing with the NREMT. You have to pass the entire test to pass, fail any one portion, you fail the whole thing, and consequently have to retake the whole thing.

OP
OP
R

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
hmmmmm. it just makes no sense in what it is telling me to go over when I know I got the question right on that.

OP
OP
R

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
I mean it tells me to go over heart rhythms when the question for that was what is a heart rhythm that can be shocked by the aed and the answer was atrial fibrillation. and i know for a fact that that is a rhythm that can be shocked.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No it is not. At least not by an Aed. Ventricular fibrillation and ventricular tach are the only AED shockable rhythms

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And also, you don't know for a fact what individual questions you missed and what the answers are. They do not provide that information.

OP
OP
R

Ross Nunn

Forum Probie
well the test results tell you what to go over. so with it telling me that I can remember what questions it is referring to. By the way. The first time I took the test I put in ventricular Tachycardia. Then my test results tell me I need to go over heart rhythms. I looked it up in my book again that ventricular tachycardia cannot be shocked.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
well the test results tell you what to go over. so with it telling me that I can remember what questions it is referring to. By the way. The first time I took the test I put in ventricular Tachycardia. Then my test results tell me I need to go over heart rhythms. I looked it up in my book again that ventricular tachycardia cannot be shocked.
Then you need to work on reading comprehension. VT is a very shockable rhythm.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You need to re read your book....V-Fib and Tach are the only 2 shockable rhythms. Apparently while you may believe you know the right answers, you do not. You can believe 2+2=5 and insist it's true all day long, but that doesn't make it true or allow you to pass any math tests...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you failed then you failed. It doesn't matter if you think you passed, you didn't. I feel like I am a Greek god but alas..

The test has 120 questions frame to determine if you are proficient in all aspects. It may take 7 questions or it make take 20 questions to determine that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A-Fib is not a shockable rhythm.

NREMT must have changed some stuff around because if I remember correctly in the past it would just say "cardiology" and would not narrow it down any further than that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well I mean... you kinda are...

Well... technically speaking you can defibrillate A-Fib... should you defibrillate A-Fib? No.
I only use the monitor in the AED a function because I don't got time to read a rhythm..