Nremt says I failed but personally I feel like I passed.

revolvemt

Forum Ride Along
I mean it tells me to go over heart rhythms when the question for that was what is a heart rhythm that can be shocked by the aed and the answer was atrial fibrillation. and i know for a fact that that is a rhythm that can be shocked.
Total first post, but I was reading this after just passing my NREMT and couldn't believe reading this.

Read the question carefully. As you can see from the discussion what else may or may not be shockable by medic (or M.D.) standards, that's not the question...the question is what can an AED shock...

The test can ask what a pt needs, and an answer may be correct but if it's out of your scope of practice it's not the right answer.

And to others point, the adaptive testing gets harder if you're doing well, easier if you're doing poorly until you can only pass or only fail. And yes fail one area of competency you fail the whole test, doesn't matter if you got 100% in all other areas and failed operations. I hit mid 80s total questions in my test and felt like i did well, but there were still questions that I thought were very difficult and maybe I missed.

To anyone who reads this there's several good videos in a series on youtube that are similar style to NREMT test questions, watch them, participate and listen to why certain answers are incorrect. Pair that with good studying and classes that want to produce good EMT not just put a butt in the seat and you should be fine.

I do hope after reading all this thread that its a troll post, if not maybe someone studying will find my info useful.