Nicknames. How did you get yours?

Rosebit78

Forum Ride Along
I'm 5'2" and built really small so when I was in army medic school one of my instructors nicknamed me "pocket medic" lol

TheDakota54

Forum Ride Along
I wear a pin on my ID badge thats the Captain America shield. So at my last job, I earned the name Cap. Still hasn't caught on at my new company.

jjs

Forum Ride Along
Name is Johann (yo-han). First day on the job I had a long day and was yawning. By the end of the shift my medic was calling me "yawn" hasn't left since...

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
my nickname is 'too tall', but that's easy since I'm 6'9"

I've been called stork, stretch, sky high, tree top, 7ft wonder from down under (no idea, I'm not australian), freak, lurch.

My drill instructors in boot camp had a blast with me.

soflomedic14

Forum Crew Member
Sassidy is my nickname I've had for many many years now.
My name's Cassidy and I can be a bit sassy at times, so I was gifted this nickname

Fido198674

Forum Crew Member
Fido stuck to me like glue in the Navy, not sure if dog reference or zombie reference. Stretch is another one but once they hear someone call me Fido it's all over. Let's see what happens in my new job now

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Big Al.

My name is Allan. I've always had a pretty big, solid build.

There you go. It follows me everywhere.

I don't really have a nickname.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
At LE work, i'm called the gunhawk, because I have a 6th sense as to when people are carrying(including people that aren't supposed to).
At EMS work as of recent my partner has been calling me "johnny"... My name is Andrew, the only reference I can think of is because of Johnny on the Spot. I tend to think ahead of him and just get what he's going to need.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
At EMS work as of recent my partner has been calling me "johnny"... My name is Andrew, the only reference I can think of is because of Johnny on the Spot. I tend to think ahead of him and just get what he's going to need.

Orrrrrr.....he could be referencing the backless hospital gown which I have found people up north tend to call a "johnny'....you know the gown that is always showing your arse or letting your arse hang out....might be a very clever name here. Hmmm....

Lo2w

Forum Captain
No work nickname but after last shift and the cot incident I'm waiting...

res1551cue

Forum Crew Member
Currently military job I am WaffleFry. Story has something to do with Chick-Fil-A Waffle Fries.

When I work EMS, I am called Black Cloud. Pretty much self explanatory.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Orrrrrr.....he could be referencing the backless hospital gown which I have found people up north tend to call a "johnny'....you know the gown that is always showing your arse or letting your arse hang out....might be a very clever name here. Hmmm....
Post of the day? :D

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
"El Diabolo". Took IRTB at EMRTC. Stayed out all night drinking with my team...'til 5:30am. Showed up for 6am report drunk. Went back to my room for a minute and vomited everywhere. Went to class and returned to the hotel to find a pristine room. I earned the nickname because they were all joking that the maid must've opened the door to my room and taken one look and called me "El Diabolo".

5 straight nights of hard drinking and I still got class valedictorian.

EMS HOT BOX

Forum Probie
Furball, got that when we backed a medic unit & a medic handed me his shears & told me to cut this woman's fur jacket sleeve to access her arm for an IV, well I'm cutting & the woman's sister screaming....not because her loving sisters already in respiratory arrest rapidly descending into cardiac arrest but because I'm ruining her sisters expensive fur jacket. End run, the lady was stabilized but died in CICU some days later & the lawsuit was eventually dismissed "14 MONTHS LATER!!!!!"

Stuff like that leaves an impression about humanity.

Currently military job I am WaffleFry. Story has something to do with Chick-Fil-A Waffle Fries.

When I work EMS, I am called Black Cloud. Pretty much self explanatory.

Waffle Fry? Damnit now I'm hungry!

CodeBru thanks to my best friend, and Baconator thanks to a former coworker. Still trying to figure out how I ended up with the nickname Baconator.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
At my EMS job (once upon a time, a lifetime ago...) I earned the nickname "Yoda" because I just had a sense about things. At my current job, I'm just too new to have earned a good nickname yet.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT