NBC's 'Trauma' given a DNR

JPINFV

Gadfly
The unfortunate thing is that the show they're replacing it with is a serious offense to espionage and electronic retail professionals. Best Buy and CIA better start sending emails and letters to NBC over that mockery called a "show!"

piranah

Forum Captain
lol...awww you mean i can't watch a show that makes all the women out to be :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s and the guys jackass drunks.......dang-it

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
For those of you who are interested, in the process of checking this out (with glee) these other NBC related facts were noted:

The remaining 13 originally ordered Trauma episodes may or may not be allowed to air (the ones that have already been shot).

Mercy (NBCs other Medical Drama) has been extended for the rest of the season.

Heroes has experienced a 45% decline in viewership since season 1 and will likely be cancelled at the end of the year (i.e. the producers were told to wrap it up this year)...

Jay Leno is bombing (I like it, but it competes with too many other primetime shows) and, if kept around, will likely be reduced to a 1/2 hour show.

I MISS ER... :sad:

Does anyone remember a show that only lasted 7 episodes from 1995 called High Sierra Search and Rescue? It was a show about, duh, SAR... in fact, based on a County Team that shares a boarder with my county and refered to a lot of places I am familiar with from an outdoors standpoint. It stared Robert Conrad and wasn't that good... but I would like to see that idea revisited and done right... But we all know that I an prejudiced to that... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Maybe they can due to the ICU now.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Meh, the show kinda grew on me. I'd go over to my parents house and we'd watch it, then they'd ask me questions about what they saw, such as what a STEMI was after this most recent episode.

RyanMidd

Forum Lieutenant
I`m heartbroken.

Actually, the only shows I watch are The Office, Parks & Recreation, and once in awhile my brother will buy season DVDs of something like Dollhouse or Firefly.

There`s a medical show that started recently called Three Rivers, if you guys are jonesing for another medi-drama.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
How about "CHUCK, MD"?

I rember the Robert Conrad series, he was best as James West. He hired his sons to work on that Sierra show too if I remember, without consulting IMDB.
If you miss ER, why not Chicago Hope? Or if you like STNG, how about Star Rangers (whose female lead Ms Monaghan went on to be on the short-lived LA paramedic show with Richrd Roundtree).

Last edited by a moderator:

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
About that High Sierra show... I recently saw a re-run (or something) of the pilot of that show. It wasn't bad... not great, but not bad. Given enough time that show could have done well. The big problem with Trauma is that the acting isn't good, the plot/action isn't good... The premise is good, but they didn't do anything to pull the audience into the characters, as ER did. Yes, the ER in ER was part of the cast...

VentMedic

Forum Chief
REACH employees can now sigh with relief that they don't have to change their jumpsuit or be thought of as idiots like "Rabbit".

JCampbell

Forum Crew Member
THANK GOD!!! I swear if I heard one more person ask me "Have you seen that show Trauma? It really shows what you guys go through!" I would start screaming uncontrollably... OK that's an exaggeration, but it WAS getting annoying.

scottyb

Forum Crew Member
From Comment section of EMS1.com article: said:
"Do lawyers, doctors, and cops do this kind of whining about the way they are portrayed on TV?"

Huh? Maybe we were being a little too sensitive. Most people probably realized it was dramatized and did not take it as a accurate representation of EMS. Don't get me wrong, it was not a good show either way.