My BIGGEST pet peeves

JPINFV

Gadfly
W.T.F. is that with the smilies. I did not put that there and cannot get rid of it!

...Yes you did. : p (without the space) is :p. : D is :D.

If you have smilies appearing because you're using a colon, the best option is to click the "disable smilies in text" box in the "miscellaneous options" section below the submit reply button.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
...Yes you did. : p (without the space) is :p. : D is :D.

If you have smilies appearing because you're using a colon, the best option is to click the "disable smilies in text" box in the "miscellaneous options" section below the submit reply button.

Oh, o.k. makes sense. Thanks.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
You can also click this button to created a numbered list.

listarrow.png

Now, back on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

nwhitney

Forum Captain
I can so picture this as some sort of hunting show. "Ain't she a beut? Charge nurses can be hard to find, and even harder to trap. We have to be really quiet while stalking her and moving between gurney bays, least she takes flight to the break room."

When I read this I had the voice of Steve Irwin in my head. My boss gave me a weird look as I was reading your post.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
It's always fantastic when you drive priority to a scene and walk in to find the pt on the phone (not with the dispatcher) laughing and requesting that you wait a few minutes so they can finish their conversation.
i ask them to hang the phone up nicely one time. if they ignore me, i hang it up for them. especially on MVCs. Unless my favorite LEO is there. he has a device that jams cell phones

Finally, the well known and loved "I said I had chest pain so you would get here faster but really my stomach hurts". This phenomenon presents itself in a multitude of ways also including "If I have chest pain do I get seen before everyone else?".

I tell them you get seen based on what wrong with you, im always honest. Foot pain? im probably going to wheel you straight into the waiting room and put you in a chair with everyone else. and we are driving code 1 too

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
I can so picture this as some sort of hunting show. "Ain't she a beut? Charge nurses can be hard to find, and even harder to trap. We have to be really quiet while stalking her and moving between gurney bays, least she takes flight to the break room."

Sometimes you must lure them in with the sounds of bed alarms.

You want to get a bunch of nurses at once, knock something heavy to the ground and go "OH CRAP!"right before the thud.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Late night calls...

I'm driving, and once on the scene I have to wake up my partner!

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief

mommak90

Forum Ride Along
one of my partners would throw every bit of trash on the floor and leave it there aaaalllllllllll day long. It would tick me off. I'm fine if its a code or something, but other than that its just as easy to put it in a neat little pile or even the trash instead of throwing it all over the floor just to spend more time picking it all back up later!

BrickEMT

Forum Ride Along
The hospitals by us actually have clean linens & a towel saran wrapped for us, we just have to put em on the stretcher, pretty self explanatory.

One of the things that annoys me is when crews call in saying "Headquarters XXX, you can put us on with a crew until XX:00 hours". I always say I sincerely hope you have a crew if your calling a rig in service.

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
It is refreshing not to hear the old chestnut "Don't you know an AIDS viron is small enough to get through the pores in latex?".

Yeah, and if rattlesnakes could fly we'd be in trouble.

LMFAO!!! That's awesome! :rofl:

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
If you insist on holding my hand, don't squeeze it to death.

Blessed187

Forum Lieutenant
If you insist on holding my hand, don't squeeze it to death.

Is that really a pet peeve of yours? Why are you in the EMS field if that's honestly something that bothers you?

OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Did I say holding my hand bothers me? No.

I said don't squeeze it to death. Today someone dug their nails into my hand they were squeezing so hard. THAT does bother me, especially when it's over something so silly as "I was afraid I was going to fall off the locked in stretcher after being shown the rails, and the fact I am secure via 3 straps so everytime I think there MIGHT be a turn or bump I crush your hand because you were stupid enough to leave it in my reach."

And PS.. I am compassionate, I am respectful. I sat and ran a hand through a patient's hair for an HOUR trip because that's what calmed her down. I spent time cleaning up a dead body to make it presentable to family. But nowhere in my job description does it state I must hold a patients hand. That is an above and beyond thing and has no bearing as to whether I should be in EMS or not.

Last edited by a moderator: