Movie Marathon Thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Carlito’s Way. Personally, I think DePalma and Pacino did it better the second time.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Caveman. Slaptstick with few words beyond grunts, and equally horrible claymation dinosaurs.
Now I've got that stupid song stuck in my head and I blame you! Lol

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just added the following to my collection: Heat, The Princess Bride, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, and the first 8 movies in The Fast and Furious franchise.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Robocop. Peter Weller. Enough said.
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. Peter Weller, Jeff Goldbloom, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd, Ellen Barkin. Top that!
Further expounding...

Definitely not the epic actor depth, but how cool is it to see Dr. Romano from “ER” slough away after crashing into a barrel of toxic sludge only to then be obliterated by Red from “That 70’s Show”?...I’ll buy that for a dollar.

I also always liked Miguel Ferrer’s roles. He played a good douche.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's movie marathon will consist of Labyrinth and The Princess Bride.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Watching a trilogy that I didn't know there were two other movies made after the first one: From Dusk Till Dawn, From Dusk Till Dawn Texas Blood Money, and From Dusk Till Dawn The Hangman's Daughter.

CarSevenFour

Forum Crew Member
Watching a trilogy that I didn't know there were two other movies made after the first one: From Dusk Till Dawn, From Dusk Till Dawn Texas Blood Money, and From Dusk Till Dawn The Hangman's Daughter.
I still watch Dusk Till dawn from time to time, love the concept and zombie/demon flix in general. That end scene with all the old truckers' trucks was waaay too cool. But 2 more out there?! Oh, boy, the hunt for pawn shop DVDs is on.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I still watch Dusk Till dawn from time to time, love the concept and zombie/demon flix in general. That end scene with all the old truckers' trucks was waaay too cool. But 2 more out there?! Oh, boy, the hunt for pawn shop DVDs is on.
I'm actually a fan of Robert Rodriguez films in general. That trilogy morphed into an Antonio Banderas marathon with both Desperado movies and Assassins to round it outm

CarSevenFour

Forum Crew Member
It might seem a no-brainer for an ambulance man, but, boy, I love zombie flix! When I was full-time in ambulance work, I could hardly get through even 1 zombie movie because I saw enough of that stuff at work, so "no thank you, very much." One movie I could never finish was Night of the Living Dead. It was way too creepy, made even more horrifying by the stark black and white treatment. All the gore was shades of gray. So, I sat down one night and watched the whole thing, more than anything it was a survival movie with a heartbreaking ending. Now I have a full library of really good zombie flicks to take my guilty pleasures in marathon doses.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hmmm, like El Mariachi Robert Rodriguez Fan? That’s where Desperado originated afterall. Good B movie.
Exactly. Just a huge PITA to find the original films on DVD without ordering them, much like the earlier works of Jackie Chan.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
In honor of his 91st birthday, going with a classic Clint Eastwood trilogy today: A Fistful of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Going with some of his Cold War movies today: The Eiger Sanction and Firefox

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I watched Unforgiven the other day for the umpteenth time; still a great western, so is Open Range.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Rewatching all Star Wars films (not in release order but in time order). Episode 1 does not age well. Nor does Episode 2.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I like Episode 1 more than 8 and 9 (I don't hate the Sequals the way a lot of others do though). 2 and 3 were retroactively made soooooo much better by The Clone Wars lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Rewatching all Star Wars films (not in release order but in time order). Episode 1 does not age well. Nor does Episode 2.
I did the exact same thing not that long ago. The kids and I watched them in chronological order according to story.

TBCH, I’d never seen any of them in their entirety, let alone understood the whole story. It made for quality family time, so that was also nice.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I’ve also rewatched in release order - definitely more fun to do that

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I watched a 1 hour marathon of Sarah and Duck with my kiddos.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sanda Bullock marathon today: Demolition Man, Speed and both Miss Congeniality's