Movie Marathon Thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I watched Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and almost did the Snyder Cut back to back. But its been long enough since I watched DC movies I decided to do their whole intro trilogy. Man of Steel, BvS Ultimate Edition, Snyder Cut. BvS Ultimate is already a 3 hour cut, plus Snyders 4 hr cut of Justice League, Man of Steel, and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was a very solid day of superheroing.

Gives The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions marathon a run for its money for sheer run time lol

Think I got into bed midnight-ish afterwards 😅

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Going with the Duke today...True Grit, Rooster Cogburn, the Sons of Katie Elder, the Commencheros and the Shootist.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's marathon will be some Jason Statham films: War, Parker, and The Bank Job

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Time for some adult cartoons today: Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal 2000 make up today's movie marathon.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Thinking I'm going to do a john wick marathon before I go see nobody.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Thinking I'm going to do a john wick marathon before I go see nobody.
Sorry man, he doesn’t go beyond Theodore Logan in my book. He’s such a terrible actor, lol.

I can’t take him seriously, like ever.

I did enjoy his rather aloof teen dad role in Parenthood, but again, was that really acting?...

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
With opening day coming up soon, it's time to watch Major League again.

CarSevenFour

Forum Crew Member
I like ambulance movies. "Bringing Out The Dead" is the story of my life, "Mother Juggs and Speed" is like being back at the station where you hope for a good call just to get away from all the clowns and jerks for a while. Stick Jerry Lewis in an ambulance and you have, "The Disorderly Orderly," what fun! You go, Schaefers! And film noir, where the old caddy shows up with the siren growling as it winds down onscene and the guys in white jump out is just too cool. "The Thin Man" film noir comedy series was great fun and Myrna Loy was truly a beautiful woman with a knack for comedy. William Powell as the wealthy investigator was top notch. And, of course, the little dog Asta's antics were worth a good laugh or two.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Today's movie marathon will be the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series aka the only films I can stand Johnny Depp in.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I missed last weeks episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so I started off binging all 4 episodes out. Then I stopped, said if I'm gonna binge that, I should start with Avengers Endgame since that set it up... then stopped that and decided to start where it really started the setup.

So today is going to be Captain America: Civil War, followed by Thor: Ragnarok (since that is a crucial setup to the next film, plus just plain fun to watch), followed by Avengers Infinity War and then Endgame. Hopefully there'll still be some "today" left to finish off with the catching up on The Falcon and the Winter Soldier after all that lols

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Watched Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey yesterday. No wonder the DC universe is losing to the Marvel universe.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
From Marvel I've been on a tiny bit of a Greek Mythology kick lately. Mostly that's been replaying the God of War trilogy, but that led me into renting the original 1963 Jason and the Argonauts. Thinking of pairing it with Disney's Hercules as well lol (what is Disney's single biggest inaccuracy? Portraying Zeus as a loving family man!). Any other mythology recommendations?

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
From Marvel I've been on a tiny bit of a Greek Mythology kick lately. Mostly that's been replaying the God of War trilogy, but that led me into renting the original 1963 Jason and the Argonauts. Thinking of pairing it with Disney's Hercules as well lol (what is Disney's single biggest inaccuracy? Portraying Zeus as a loving family man!). Any other mythology recommendations?
Clash of the Titans. The Voyages of Sinbad.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Caveman. Slaptstick with few words beyond grunts, and equally horrible claymation dinosaurs.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai. Peter Weller, Jeff Goldbloom, John Lithgow, Christopher Lloyd, Ellen Barkin. Top that!
Indeed, a pretty impressive cast. A bit before my time though.

I came on the scene more mid-to-late 80’s and was therefore thrust full force into the 80’s martial arts craze.

Michael Dudikoff anybody? No? Best of the Best? A very young, undiscovered villainous JCVD.

I even remember Remo Williams. Haha pretty cheesy stuff. All VHS classics.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Indeed, a pretty impressive cast. A bit before my time though.

I came on the scene more mid-to-late 80’s and was therefore thrust full force into the 80’s martial arts craze.

Michael Dudikoff anybody? No? Best of the Best? A very young, undiscovered villainous JCVD.

I even remember Remo Williams. Haha pretty cheesy stuff. All VHS classics.
Used to read a lot of the Remo Williams books in highs school before the movie came out. Personally I liked Fred Ward better in Tremors, which will be my movie marathon the next couple of days while I'm getting some shop work done and my second vaccine dose.

Last edited: