Michael Jackson Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
With that said, remember, he was acquitted of his charges. Many of us convicted him in the court of public opinion. He was never found guilty.

The Teflon Don beat quite a few cases before he was ratted out, too.

rjddvm

Forum Crew Member
Here is a video of the ambulance leaving the house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuXRaJFdmKU

I cant believe at the end they try to stick cameras in the back of the window to get a shot of Michael while he is dying...

That's the ultimate money shot, isn't it. The photographer will probably be able to retire on what he got paid for it. :(

Re the 911 call, if there was supposedly a doctor there doing CPR, why did the caller say that CPR was being performed on the bed? You'd think a cardiologist of all people would know better.

Wonder, if the demerol OD story is true, if the doc skedaddled out of there when it became obvious Jackson was dead.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Oh gag. Like everyone else has said, I sure hope it was not the EMS crew.

I am definatly not a fan of Jackson, but everyone deserves privacy no matter how famous they are. (Here ends my statement of the obvious.)

+1. The problem is, when you become famous, any and all areas of your personal life are fair game for the media. It's par for the course. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way of things.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
That's the ultimate money shot, isn't it. The photographer will probably be able to retire on what he got paid for it. :(

Re the 911 call, if there was supposedly a doctor there doing CPR, why did the caller say that CPR was being performed on the bed? You'd think a cardiologist of all people would know better.

Wonder, if the demerol OD story is true, if the doc skedaddled out of there when it became obvious Jackson was dead.

My 1 month old arrest the Doctor had the kid on a NRB @ 8 l/min

Because he wasn't breathing

Remember

What do you call a Doctor that graduated Med School with a C-?

Doctor

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
My 1 month old arrest the Doctor had the kid on a NRB @ 8 l/min

Because he wasn't breathing

Remember

What do you call a Doctor that graduated Med School with a C-?

Doctor

Actually, most medical schools don't allow C's but it's a nice way to say mediocre is okay...

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
is it unusual, IF HE WAS cpr in progress at scene, to transport to hospital in LA.
Completely depends on the cardiac rhythm.

I think that is an absolutely disgusting invasion of privacy. I hope whoever took that is ashamed of themselves.
Not a chance. Have you seen how the TMZ people get off on stuff like that?

I hope it wasn't the paramedics.. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But if that's a bystander they need better scene control, far too close.
I won't even doubt for a second that they maintained their integrity. How on earth would someone pause to take a picture without being noticed or immediately chewed out by their crew?

Wow, they got an EJ on MJ. No IO's in the EMS system?
It's under scope, but hard to find a provider agency who carries them (cost of equipment and re-training), unfortunately.

You might initially think, but most cardiologists aren't ER doctors and have very limited experience running codes. You should see many of their CPR re-cert classes. Not knocking their abilities...it's just limited exposure and it's not like a doctor's head wouldn't be spinning if Michael Jackson coded in front of him without other medical staff to help.

+1. The problem is, when you become famous, any and all areas of your personal life are fair game for the media. It's par for the course. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the way of things.
Not really. There's a baseline of how much intrusion you're going to have, but every now and then paparazzi does go too far.

I could only imagine the discussion in the rig afterwards and at the station house.
Or the barrage of text messages and phone calls as everyone looked up who was working RA 71...

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
djmedic913 said:
Here is my question:

Do you want to be the medic working the cardiac arrest of Michael Jackson?

A person is a person, no matter who they are.

And don't be hypocrite's either as 99% of humans would do the same thing if they were in the same position to retire wealthy without another worry at whatever age they are.

I must be that 1%.

it looks almost as if it was taken in the amulance cause the guy at the head...is sitting. now i dont know how everyone else ventilates pts. on scene but usually they arent sitting at the head. i could be wrong just wanted to throw that out there

If you're able to sit, why not?

sop

Forum Lieutenant
just watched him get transported to the coroner's office on the news...

personally, i'm too young to have actually listened to his music or to have followed him, and this doesn't really affect me at all

How old are you? I'm sure you heard someone playing one of his songs. The last ones I remember were: Ghost, Blood is on The Dance Floor, You are not Alone, and Butterflies

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Originally Posted by Corky
Wow, they got an EJ on MJ. No IO's in the EMS system?
It's under scope, but hard to find a provider agency who carries them (cost of equipment and re-training), unfortunately.

An EJ is considered peripheral venous access although not all EMS agencies view it as such. It should be considered before the IO because it is usually quick and can accomondate a large bore catheter. It can also be used and maintained as any other IV access until another can be obtained.

Last edited by a moderator:

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
How old are you? I'm sure you heard someone playing one of his songs. The last ones I remember were: Ghost, Blood is on The Dance Floor, You are not Alone, and Butterflies

Oh ya, I mean I've heard some of his songs being played, but just occasionally and just enough to know that it was Michael Jackson. What I'm saying is I was too young to actually know about or follow his career, know how big he was, or know what kind of impact he made.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
LiveLeak-dot-com-5d4f29aeb015-michael_jackson_rus_448213m.jpg

High Speed Chaser

Forum Crew Member
Not sure if any one has posted this but some findings from the autopsy have been released. Apparently "The autopsy also revealed several broken ribs sustained after rescuers pumped the 50-year-old's chest to revive him." Also "Jackson's stomach was empty except for the partially dissolved pills he took before the painkiller injection that stopped his heart last Thursday, pathologists found."

Source

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Not sure if any one has posted this but some findings from the autopsy have been released. Apparently "The autopsy also revealed several broken ribs sustained after rescuers pumped the 50-year-old's chest to revive him." Also "Jackson's stomach was empty except for the partially dissolved pills he took before the painkiller injection that stopped his heart last Thursday, pathologists found."

Source

Amazing since the toxicology report has not been released yet and the B.S. reporters are speculating what occurred. Doubt it was broken ribs, more of broken cartilages. As well, again it reveals the press does no real investigation anymore. His skin condition has many side effects, and part of it is loss of hair in affected areas, as well many other s/e.

No one knows if the additional analgesic really had anything to due with his death. Again, all speculation until the tox reports are released.

R/r 911

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
My speculation- The private physician came into Jackson's room, gave him his daily Demerol or other narcotic injection for his legitimate pain (pain is real, but the doctor's treatment is suspect). The doctor left the room so that Jackson could rest. Respiratory arrest followed and cardiac arrest shortly after as a sequela of the severe respiratory depression. Doctor comes back in at a later time to find Jackson unresponsive, and frantically demands that responding paramedics work an inviable patient because of his own guilt.

Just speculation. That is all.

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Doctor comes back in at a later time to find Jackson unresponsive, and frantically demands that responding paramedics work an inviable patient because of his own guilt.

Just speculation. That is all.

If a pt still has a pulse and the doctor is not going to sign a DNR order, you will have to work that patient. Even if you know a lot about that patient's history, MJ was 50 years old and it would not be wise to refuse to work the patient if there were still signs of life. This would also be true if the arrest was witnessed with CPR initiated immediately.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I speculate Billy Idol, Debbie Gibson, George Michael, Cindy Lauper and Huey Lewis and the News were upset their comback tours didn't help them comeback. They all conspired to get him.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Billy Idol, Debbie Gibson, George Michael, Cindy Lauper and Huey Lewis

Who?

10char

Scout

Para-Noid
My thinking is Doc and MJ are colluding.

He had money trouble, so he fakes his death and both he and the doc go away to live life rich men. This is why the Doc made the paramedics transport to allow them to escape the home.

Its all an elaborate assurance scam...

Lets see if i can start a Elvis conspiracy

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Here is a short list of Michael's humanitarian contributions and please don't say it was just to crawl in bed with a sick child needing a heart transplant. Have a little respect for the man and for yourself.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14283749/Michael-Jacksons-Humanitarian-Efforts-19792003

If you have never worked with child who have long term and eventually fatal illnesses, you probably do not know how some of his contributions made a huge difference.

Those who are quick to judge just don't know and probably speak with a limited knowledge of medicine or world issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.