Michael Jackson Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmedic913

Forum Lieutenant
is it unusual, IF HE WAS cpr in progress at scene, to transport to hospital in LA.

you transport him...way too high profile not to transport...I mean if it is obvious death...then you don't but if CPR in progress you transport!

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
My guess is that picture was taken outside the hospital or outside his home as the ambulance was backing up.

it looks almost as if it was taken in the amulance cause the guy at the head...is sitting. now i dont know how everyone else ventilates pts. on scene but usually they arent sitting at the head. i could be wrong just wanted to throw that out there

Sasha

Forum Chief
it looks almost as if it was taken in the amulance cause the guy at the head...is sitting. now i dont know how everyone else ventilates pts. on scene but usually they arent sitting at the head. i could be wrong just wanted to throw that out there

Actually, looks like I'm a jerk. It looks like it's taken from outside of the ambulance looking in, the red on the bottom may be reflection from the window.

djmedic913

Forum Lieutenant

If the jump seat is close enuff...sit...why not...

This pic was found by exodus and came up in the chat.

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2009/06/98268/400_mjackson_ambulance_newgraphic_090625.jpg

I think that is an absolutely disgusting invasion of privacy. I hope whoever took that is ashamed of themselves.

Are we sure this is actually him? it really doesn't have enuff detail to confirm it is him. It is most likely a fake.

But if it is real, that was 1 lucky shot. You can tell it was supposed to be from the outside...

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Actually, looks like I'm a jerk. It looks like it's taken from outside of the ambulance looking in, the red on the bottom may be reflection from the window.
There is a video showing the ambulance backing up from the house. there are looking into the windows so i assume its from then.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
just watched him get transported to the coroner's office on the news...

personally, i'm too young to have actually listened to his music or to have followed him, and this doesn't really affect me at all

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2009/06/98268/400_mjackson_ambulance_newgraphic_090625.jpg

I think that is an absolutely disgusting invasion of privacy. I hope whoever took that is ashamed of themselves.

Oh gag. Like everyone else has said, I sure hope it was not the EMS crew.

I am definatly not a fan of Jackson, but everyone deserves privacy no matter how famous they are. (Here ends my statement of the obvious.)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Wow, they got an EJ on MJ. No IO's in the EMS system?

You mean you rather start an I/O in lieu of an EJ? I/O's should be the last resort, as venous access is preferred to have to use I/O.

I/O is great but should used as the last resort for many factors. Also, I could detect that they did an EJ, rather the tubing appeared to be going to the extremity and other tubing appeared to be attached to the EtCo2.

I am surprised though, that his skin color did not appear to be as bad as I would thought.

R/r 911

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief

i agree i think this pic is just sick. but considering how high profile this guy is, i'm sure it wasn't taken by fire/ems/police...... definitely paparazzi and when he/she showed it to everyone he/she was probably getting high fives and told good job.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Farrah Fawcett died and went to heavan. St Peter said that since she was such a good person she could have one wish before she entered.

She said, "I just want ALL the chidren of the world to be safe"

With that said, remember, he was acquitted of his charges. Many of us convicted him in the court of public opinion. He was never found guilty.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
With that said, remember, he was acquitted of his charges. Many of us convicted him in the court of public opinion. He was never found guilty.

He was a magnificent musician and entertainer. Without being that, most of us could not have afforded such trial attorneys or make such deals that he was able to do. I am definitely not disrespecting his death as it is a sad event but let's not martyr him as well.

Regarding the pic, I don't like paparazzi pics either but we see faces and pics of others as well. Actually, the pic displayed that he was a person, just alike anyone else.

Personally, I feel sorry for the medic that had to provide care. I could not imagine the undue pressers or even intubating a person whom you know that whole career is dependent upon your action(s). I am sure many of the LA medics are familiar and maybe used to the "celebrities" but I am glad I don't have to deal with hassle of it. I could only imagine the discussion in the rig afterwards and at the station house.

R/r 911

VentMedic

Forum Chief
I will have to give the LA medics credit for how they have maintained patient privacy with their high profile cases which also included Britney. When you have Paramedics like the two who where only to happy to give the media gorey details about the chimp attack on the woman a few months ago, it violates a public trust. This also holds true with the situation involving John Travolta's son and Anna Nicole. It just thrusts EMS into a limelight that is not needed regardless of how some want the public to know what those on the ambulances do.

Scout

Para-Noid
There is talk of an opiate overdose Demerol/Morphine. Apparently he had a doctor living with him who is now AWOL.

OP
OP
Hockey

Hockey

Quackers
Prepare for mass media for the next 6 months about Demerol and OD's!

Glad I got rid of cable

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Apparently to TMZ the initial crew was going to "flag"/pronounce M.J (King of Pop). As it was apparent he had been dead for a while. The physician was insistent that they continue to work him. Apparently there was an empty Lidocaine box found PTA.

Now, I ask was this Lido for possible analgesic or cardiac (since PCP was a Cardiologist) ?

Wow! I seem to remember a very similar case 30+ years ago, involving the "King of Rock-n-Roll".

http://www.tmz.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.