Mental Health

What is your preferred method of dealing with stress?

• Total voters

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I think that I will pass on attempting the childbirth thing, but I think that I may rival you on some other things ladies. :D ;)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Nov 27 2004, 08:55 PM
I think that I will pass on attempting the childbirth thing, but I think that I may rival you on some other things ladies. :D ;)
Just because you may "rival" doesn't mean you may win. :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Nov 27 2004, 08:55 PM
A: you always weasel out.

B: My former partner and I have a very intresting form of CISM - we critique the call, and whenever I point out that he did something wrong, he beats me. NOW do you know why I have body armor????

Jon

rescuecpt

Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Dec 27 2004, 09:31 PM
A: you always weasel out.

B: My former partner and I have a very intresting form of CISM - we critique the call, and whenever I point out that he did something wrong, he beats me. NOW do you know why I have body armor????
HAHAHAHA... you guys sound more like Ex's than former work partners. (Oh no I didn't!!!)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Did I work with you?

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Luno@Dec 28 2004, 10:35 PM
Did I work with you?
Who be dat? Me? PA? MedicJon?

Luno

OG
Premium Member
whoever gets beat, (actually, it couldn't be you, erika, I don't even pretend that)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Dec 29 2004, 06:57 PM
whoever gets beat, (actually, it couldn't be you, erika, I don't even pretend that)
I don't think so, I'm only on the other side of the country.

Jon

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
No you didn't luno. I always beat the snot out of jon. but he deserves it. I could put in some fairly incriminating things if he doesn't object and you guys want it...

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Luno@Dec 29 2004, 06:57 PM
YEAH - cuz I'm the one giving out all the beat downs around here! YEAH BOYZ...

LOLOLOL I crack me up!

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Dec 29 2004, 11:27 PM
I could put in some fairly incriminating things if he doesn't object and you guys want it...
Let's here'em. "EMT Man" shouldn't mind.....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Dec 29 2004, 11:27 PM
No you didn't luno. I always beat the snot out of jon. but he deserves it. I could put in some fairly incriminating things if he doesn't object and you guys want it...
C'mon, Don't, man. You do teach me self defense - yeah, how to defend myself from bouncing off the ground (Monty Python Style - RUNAWAY, Run Away!!)

Anyhoo......
Jon

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
That good ole' "XXX on scene... Jon, can you hand me gloves?"
Jon: "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

I needed to douse him with a 10cc saline flush to wake him.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
When I'm stressed out... I go to a chat room and talk alot, about nothing. I come in to a forum and type on everything I can think of. Or I just bottle it all up and let it out in the form of anger when someone really pisses me off.

or... I get drunk, have a good time, and then forget that I bottled it up.
I hide from stress...

:ph34r:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
From Ray's post...
"Meeting your neighbors one siren at a time...."

Did you read that book too?

Population 485, Meeting your neighbors one siren at a time....

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I'm on meds, and I haven't even started working yet....I suck :p

shorthairedpunk

Forum Lieutenant
I understand the concept of CISD and all that, but Im a fan of not really thinkin bout it, or if I have a particularly concerning call, I write a detailed report from start to finish, then I analyze it to find a mistake I made (which no matter who you are, there was a mistake) then I find relief because it puts me back in control, and gives me something to learn from. If ever I were to go through a call that wasnt the best and found out there was absolutely no mistake I made, then I would probably quit, it would meant I have no control over what happens, and my suspiscion that god is a prick would be verified.