Medic Students!!!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Shush!! I don't want to hear it! I still have 10 months left.

Haha, well now you've taken all the fun out of it for me :p

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Any classes this semester that you guys/gals are looking forward to? In fear of?

Im taking Advanced Pathophysiology and i think its going to killer. We get to do lots of case studies and will spent part of each class session in the cadaver lab.

Im really looking forward to cardiology. I think the heart is one of the most fascinating things about all of this.

mct601

RN/NRP
I haven't been able to post like I said I would, but I've been busy and school as been fairly uneventful. I'm enjoying it, but it's dry. I'll post a detailed post about the National EMS Academy later, so people around it that are curious of it can get an idea of what my first impression is like. Good luck to everyone else starting as well, we should be in for one hell of a ride.

RDunn

Forum Ride Along
just took my medic test last week, passed in 81 questions. it feels freaking awesome to be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
just took my medic test last week, passed in 81 questions. it feels freaking awesome to be done with it.

Congrats! I bet thats a big stress reliever.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
Had our first exam lastnight over 8 chapters.. My instructor messaged me earlier and I got a 87. Not to shabby for a 8 chapter exam I don't think.

firemedic0227

Forum Lieutenant
My medic course is 11 Months long. I have just over 2 months left. I thought Medical Emergencies is/was the hardest part of the course so far. I have PHTLS AMLS and PALS left to do. My class is 2 days a week all day long then on the days that I am not in class I do ride time with Omaha Fire and Clinicals at some of the local hospitals, with my weekends off. It's a lot of work but hopefully be worth it after I am done.

ZootownMedic

Forum Lieutenant
We are in week 5 here in Colorado Springs! We are pretty much finishing up all of our Paramedic Practice and Advanced Airway stuff this week. Got our module exam next week and then we start Pharmacology! Its been pretty tough throughout but I'm enjoying it. We 'graduate' in May and start field intership then. Usually takes around 4 months to finish that around here due to overcrowding of nursing and paramedic students....

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Megacodes woop woop. Takes a minute to get used to the pace. It's not slow but with a team of 3-4 there's a lot of down time. I'm gettin' it though. :)

Good luck on your module exam Smoke! our cardiology exam is a week from Tuesday. Then medical emergencies.

ZootownMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Nice Rob, and thanks! I have been rocking the tests so far and the hardest part for me has been memorizing drug cards and getting my patient contacts rhythm back. I have a ER rotation tmrw and then a 3rd ride on Sunday. Good luck on the cardiology! Heard thats one of the last humps before the end....

ZootownMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone else hate the ER rotations? I cant stand them. Im so out of my element and all the nurses, docs, and techs are in a rhythm and nobody knows wtf your exactly doing there or supposed to be learning....well that was my rant. I have one from 0700-1900 in the morning and there is this stupid bi@&h ER Tech who is also a LT at the volly FD I used to work at. She has been a EMT/ER tech for like 8 years and is a 'legend' at startng IV's and talks :censored::censored::censored::censored: to everyone. Me and her have it out everytime because shes so unprofessional. Gonna be a long one tmrw....

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Does anyone else hate the ER rotations? I cant stand them. Im so out of my element and all the nurses, docs, and techs are in a rhythm and nobody knows wtf your exactly doing there or supposed to be learning....well that was my rant. I have one from 0700-1900 in the morning and there is this stupid bi@&h ER Tech who is also a LT at the volly FD I used to work at. She has been a EMT/ER tech for like 8 years and is a 'legend' at startng IV's and talks :censored::censored::censored::censored: to everyone. Me and her have it out everytime because shes so unprofessional. Gonna be a long one tmrw....

Not a huge fan of clinical time either. Not because i dislike the nurses, but because it can be pretty boring at times. Assessing patients gets old quickly.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
First all day saturday class in the AM.. Bah I dont wanna get up at 6:30 to go to class :(.. Pharmacology seems pretty interesting though. Glad to be done with patho..

NREMTroe

Forum Crew Member
Next week starts week 5 for us. Its been ok so far. We got all of our IVs and Intubation check offs done. We did some basic rhythms and such and ran some slow mega codes. This was the part that i'm glad i had already learned that stuff before I came to class or I would probably have been lost by the way its getting taught.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Next week starts week 5 for us. Its been ok so far. We got all of our IVs and Intubation check offs done. We did some basic rhythms and such and ran some slow mega codes. This was the part that i'm glad i had already learned that stuff before I came to class or I would probably have been lost by the way its getting taught.

Smart move. Very smart move.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
We start IV's on Tue. Already through patho and pharmacology. I think the drug lists we have to memorize is gonna whoop me though.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
ACLS this week and a lab day. Unfortunately I have to miss all week for training at work :-/

Already have ACLS though so I should be good. Cardiology exam next tuesday.