Medic Students!!!

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
No clue, Linus... it's like $30, so whatever...

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I think I've posted this before but in my class we started the classroom portion, during the beginning 3 months we had to finish about 100 hours of ride time as a basic. Then we did 12 hours community service and so many hours at the morgue. Clinicals for MOST programs are concurrent with class, IE you take a topic and you can go do that clinical. However with our class we do class room portion, take our final exam then do all of our clinicals. During this time we do not have class but we are expected to go in once or twice a month for mock practicals and written until we are finished with our clinicals and ride time. Once we finish clinicals we are signed off to do ride time.

I also have 3 oral boards with our MD. One at the end of class, one after clinicals and one after ride time.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Mid Term - Done! Still in!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My midterm is in 2 weeks...

My teacher said there's a point in class where everything just "clicks" and it almost becomes impossible to fail... and even though I'm doing great, I'm still looking forward to that point so I no longer freak out at exams. :p

imurphy

Forum Captain

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
We have two 8 hour days this week (0800-1600), both days are covering AMLS, then next week one 6 hour day for Abuse, the week after that one 6 hour day for hazmat. After hazmat we have 2 skill practice days (6 hours), 1 skill test out (6 hours) and 1 final exam day.

Then we're released to do our clinicals and follow that by ride time. Home stretch!

squrt29batt12

Forum Crew Member
Just started, I'm in my third week of P1. My school's Paramedic program is 16mo long, can't wait to get through it lol.:wacko:

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
I took my Mass paramedic written this morning. I'm an now a Massachusetts paramedic as of this morning.

Sasha

Forum Chief
i took my mass paramedic written this morning. I'm an now a massachusetts paramedic as of this morning.

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imurphy

Forum Captain
Well done Mike!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Congrats Mike!

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
In all seriousness, I wasn't nervous about school before I started, but now after 1 month I am freakin' scared!!!! OMG! Is this normal? Don't get me wrong, it's a good scared, but still...:wacko:

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Same... I just want to start the serious medical stuff... really, I just want it to be a year from now!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Almost to my final internship... I want this next few weeks to be over.

futuremedic

Forum Probie
It is official...I am a NREMT-P!!! I almost cried when the National Registry Rep shook my hand after practicals. The hard work was so worth it!!

medic417

The Truth Provider
In all seriousness, I wasn't nervous about school before I started, but now after 1 month I am freakin' scared!!!! OMG! Is this normal? Don't get me wrong, it's a good scared, but still...:wacko:

Actually if you don't get scared either your program is failing to tell you how serious a responsibility you are undertaking or you are dangerous.

Use the fear to make you the best Paramedic possible.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Actually if you don't get scared either your program is failing to tell you how serious a responsibility you are undertaking or you are dangerous.

Use the fear to make you the best Paramedic possible.

Plus one. Don't worry about the ones who are scared, worry about the ones who aren't scared and don't realize the seriousness of what you are learning and just want to get to the "fun skills".

I was terrified by week 2. Hell, I'm still scared, and I'm done with medic school! It is something that will wear off as time goes by!

Last edited by a moderator: