Medic Students!!!

Tommerag

What day is it?
I'm pretty pumped start class Feb 12th. Woo

TylorThuirer

Forum Ride Along
Just wait until you practice foley's on each other. Talk about knowing each other intimately.

Well we are supposed to be doing Foleys also tomorrow. They never said anything about doing it to each other. I believe we are learning how to on the $30,000 HAL mannequins we have. Those things are the neatest things! Anyone else have them in their classroom?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Well we are supposed to be doing Foleys also tomorrow. They never said anything about doing it to each other. I believe we are learning how to on the $30,000 HAL mannequins we have. Those things are the neatest things! Anyone else have them in their classroom?

Nope students are cheaper and more closely resemble real patients.:wacko:

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
LOL yep its me! Hope you enjoyed your first day of Medic class!
It's not Fortis College by any chance is it? Dang it Shae, warn a guy when you join the same EMS forum, lmao! Have fun tomorrow in Psychology, I'll be sleepin in til class on thursday.

johnmedic

Forum Crew Member

Foley's, really?! Geez that was the final straw that kept me from being an RN.. Paramedics don't do Foleys! ;) Just kidding, but around here I've never heard of an EMS provider giving a Foley, I've had a couple calls where it might've been indicated.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Foley's, really?! Geez that was the final straw that kept me from being an RN.. Paramedics don't do Foleys! ;) Just kidding, but around here I've never heard of an EMS provider giving a Foley, I've had a couple calls where it might've been indicated.

MY program requires us to learn how and do at least 10 during ED clinicals. Not at that point yet though.

And on the note of classes... Third week in and I'm already going to be skipping a class tomorrow. Roads look like they're gonna be too icy for me to drive the 70 miles into class. And I'll probably be working all night anyways.

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Anxiously looking forward to completing my clinical / internship it's almost like the pre-burnout phase before even becoming a medic. It will be nice to have a day off. Should be finished hopefully early April.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Got my first successful IV in the back of a moving ambulance on Tuesday and we're doing it again today :D

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
First couple exams... 88% on one, 86% on the other. Not happy with that.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, we had a guest speaker from Emanuel Burn Center come talk to us today, and it was probably one of the cooler lectures I've seen.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
February 25th I take my practical exam. (already passed the written).

Last edited by a moderator:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Good luck!!!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just finished up my application to P school. Entrance testing March 28th, and oral interviews April 14th-15th.

I'm excited to hopefully be able to post in this thread in the near future as a Medic Student!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, just finished up PHTLS yesterday, it's finally over :p

Cawolf86

Forum Captain
Shift 5 done in my field internship! It is rough and a steep learning curve to suddenly be in charge of a scene.

DEW916

Forum Ride Along
Test Scores

I'm about a month and a half through medic school and just took our second exam yesterday. I scored a 90% on the first exam and I think I pretty much bombed the second one. It was the result of lack of studying. My first daughter was born on the 6th of march and completely distracted me. I also moved that same weekend so my life kinda got turned upside down for about 2 or 3 weeks. The newness of the baby is waring off now, and the new house is put together so I should be able to get back on track now.

Here's a question.... How is everyones exams being structured? Are they all multiple choice, or some multiple choice some essay?

Our exams are all essay's. Which I thought was kinda weird beings the National Registry is all multiple choice.

Any thoughts?

18G

Paramedic
Our exam types varied. Most were strictly multiple choice but some instructors utilized a mixed format of multiple choice, matching, fill in the blank. And our Airway final was essay questions. So a lot of variation.

DEW916

Forum Ride Along
Our essay exams are brutal. Ranging from 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours long. I don't necessarily agree with it being all essay. I understand why he does it but I'm not so sure he is truly making sure we have a understanding of everything.

I don't know, maybe I simply don't agree with it being all essay based because essay exams are harder. LOL!

phideux

Forum Captain
5 More weeks and it's over. Has it been 2 years already??? Time flies when you're having fun. B)B)