Medic Students!!!

palmer1121

Forum Crew Member
Took second quarter final yesterday and ACLS monday and tuesday. Passed both. Now got a break until April 6.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
I finish in August and I'm excited. It's flown by! Next week I start field internship and that will last up until I graduate. Actually being in charge is both exciting and scary as Hell.

Bilb9494

Forum Ride Along
hey, just curious. How long is medic school in other states? Its two years here in jersy and im only in my second semester :-(

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
We're two years full time in our program finishing with an associate degree. I'm a little more than half way. I'm beginning to wonder if two years is enough for the amount of material that we cover.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Only one more term left until I start my internship...and it feels like the closer I get to it, the less I feel that I know, is this normal? :sad:

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Im about half way through the diploma program (2.5 years) to become a qualified paramedic. The knowledge and learning content is great, but my problem is that i dont think im getting enough exposure to ALS/trauma. I have been working full time for around 15 months, and I have had 1 serious MVA trauma and 4 cardiac arrests in that time. Never had a STEMI, severe asthma, anaphylaxis, broken femur, spinal injury, serious head injury or imminent birth.

I fear that in15 months or so time when its just me and a student, I wont have enough exposure and experience with these sort of cases.

Ce la vie

mct601

RN/NRP
I will be posting here come August

Turning my application in tuesday. No reason I shouldn't get accepted.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Panel interview Thursday at 0930. Did the EMT-B and TEAS last week, and was told I scored very well.

Never been through a panel interview, so I'm a little nervous. People keep saying I'd have a problem if I wasn't so I'll take that as a good sign...

:D

Icenine

Forum Crew Member
Just got accepted into a program starting in June.

It's just over a year June - August, 8 Hours once a week.

This is the first time my system has run a B-P class. They have been running an B-I then I-P back to back for several years. I'm told the paradigm shift is to eliminate learning things 3 times all different ways.

We have to do about 10-15% more of every skill compared to B-I-P students, I think it will make us better practitioners.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Im about half way through the diploma program (2.5 years) to become a qualified paramedic. The knowledge and learning content is great, but my problem is that i dont think im getting enough exposure to ALS/trauma. I have been working full time for around 15 months, and I have had 1 serious MVA trauma and 4 cardiac arrests in that time. Never had a STEMI, severe asthma, anaphylaxis, broken femur, spinal injury, serious head injury or imminent birth.

I fear that in15 months or so time when its just me and a student, I wont have enough exposure and experience with these sort of cases.

Ce la vie

That is what Intensive Care, CareFlight and Dr Rashford are for :D

Brown has had one cardiac arrest who was DOA and one severe asthma but has had a shyteload of STEMIs, pick one up every shift there abouts.

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Officially 4 weeks away from finishing Medic class.

Death_By_Sexy

Forum Crew Member
2 weeks to go until my first day in medic school.

I've been mentally X-ing the days off my list for over a month since receiving my acceptance letter.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Got my phone call today I'm in!!!! Class starts July 5 with a pharm test. Studystudystudy

Tommerag

What day is it?
Got my phone call today I'm in!!!! Class starts July 5 with a pharm test. Studystudystudy

If you want pm me or something and I can send you all the drug sheets i have on the indications contraindications dosages etc that we use for my class.

Just started trauma and will finish that up the beginning of may then do PHTLS. Then on to an entire summer of cardiology.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
I started medic class in February of this year. We have spent the last two course periods on ECGs and have a third day coming up. B) Should be starting clinicals in the next couple of weeks. Good stuff.

MidwestFF

Forum Crew Member
Cardiology final in week and a half and brain fried, start clinicals in June, done with classroom in another 5 months. Ready to be done, already have 2+ years invested in full time school.

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Semester final today and overall program final at the end of this week to wrap up completing the national paramedic program. The unfortunate part is we have over a 5 week gap before our practical testing is in our area....it's going to drag.