Mchd ems, tx

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
****Bump

Sorry to bring an old thread back. I'm a Kentucky medic who wants out. Cant stand narrow mindedness and lack of promotional opportunity any longer. I got my initial start with Lee County EMS in Fort Myers, Fla. in 2005. Thinking MCHD is more my style. Here are my credentials:

NREMT-P
KY CCEMT-P
6 year Paramedic
2 year EMT
ACLS, PALS Instructor, ITLS, BLS/CPR Instructor
Hazmat Technician (40 hr / Level A)
2012 FRMC Paramedic of the Year

Kymedic25 care to elaborate on your service for me? Am I the type of medic your service desires? My wife and I are extremely interested as were both in EMS.

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
****Bump

Sorry to bring an old thread back. I'm a Kentucky medic who wants out. Cant stand narrow mindedness and lack of promotional opportunity any longer. I got my initial start with Lee County EMS in Fort Myers, Fla. in 2005. Thinking MCHD is more my style. Here are my credentials:

NREMT-P
KY CCEMT-P
6 year Paramedic
2 year EMT
ACLS, PALS Instructor, ITLS, BLS/CPR Instructor
Hazmat Technician (40 hr / Level A)
2012 FRMC Paramedic of the Year

Kymedic25 care to elaborate on your service for me? Am I the type of medic your service desires? My wife and I are extremely interested as were both in EMS.

MCHD is always looking for good medics. Those with experience and good skills are always good to have. Go to the website at www.mchd-tx.org and fill out an application.

If I can be of further help, please let me know.

Thanks

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
How long does it typically take to hear back whether or not you will test for them? I applied yesterday. Suspense is killing me. I'm really looking forward to this. Lol

TxFFP

Forum Ride Along
Hi, kymedic. Thanks for the information on MCHD. I was curious as to if you all hired part-time or PRN paramedics.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

TxFFP

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
When did the district stop hiring part timers?

What is the logic behind that? The cost of OT must be outrageous.

Its been for the past 6 years that I have been here. To be part time, you have to work full time and then reduce to part time, but we do not hire part time.

Action942Jackson

Forum Crew Member
I would be, but got the cold shoulder because I didn't have a Texas license when I applied. Not even to test. How can I apply for my state licensure if I cannot even get in the door to test? Not really happy or impressed anymore. I'm not wasting 200 bucks on licensure fees.

There be should some form of leewaykp with someone coming from out of state.

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
I would be, but got the cold shoulder because I didn't have a Texas license when I applied. Not even to test. How can I apply for my state licensure if I cannot even get in the door to test? Not really happy or impressed anymore. I'm not wasting 200 bucks on licensure fees.

There be should some form of leewaykp with someone coming from out of state.

HMMM, i will check on it for you. Usually that has not been a problem in the past.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Part-time might be worth doing. I might consider that! I actually applied a while back, but like was said, they weren't accepting part-timers.

Might be worth looking into again.

Last edited by a moderator: