Mchd ems, tx

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
I did nearly all my EMT-P rides there and their protocols are very progressive. They code protocol is strange to say the least it irritated me one night when I was scolded because I didn't know their weird-*** protocols, then I reminded them I don't work there. That being said, I put aside my differences and I am interviewing next Wed. I am looking forward to it. I need more experience. where I'm at now, next county over, we get about 2-20 calls a day, county-wide and we run 4 MICU units so, not real busy. Good luck!

liberty county? or cleveland EMS? goodluck to both of you guys! MCHD is a very well respected EMS agency around here! great equipment, good calls and some smart paramedics! they also work with some of the best fire departments around

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
liberty county? or cleveland EMS? goodluck to both of you guys! MCHD is a very well respected EMS agency around here! great equipment, good calls and some smart paramedics! they also work with some of the best fire departments around

I work in San Jac actually.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I passed my written, practicals (all three) and PAT... Think I did ok in my interview... But now I'm just waiting. They said to my group we'd hear back from them by today... but I heard nothing :(

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
i have a friend who failed his interview with MCHD on tuesday, hopefully you guys did okay, good luck!

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
i have a friend who failed his interview with MCHD on tuesday, hopefully you guys did okay, good luck!

When did they let him know? Just wondering since I've heard nothing...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
I passed my written, practicals (all three) and PAT... Think I did ok in my interview... But now I'm just waiting. They said to my group we'd hear back from them by today... but I heard nothing :(

Well in my group they said they had more spots than applicants and that we may not all be able to interview on the same day, unless we were from way out of town and said they had someone fly from NM so they made an exception. Anyone you know? lol.

They said we would hear back on Tuesday (Mon being a holiday).

Unfortunately I did not administer Vaso (not a required intervention everywhere) for my megacode and opted to try a fluid challenge instead of Dopamine drip for low BP (I'm sorry I don't know your beloved and bizarre protocols oh MCHD EMS gods) and second time around I paced a 2nd deg Type II instead of using atropine (atropine is contraindicated in High deg HBs) and I did not assess for a pulse during my second or third time seeing VF on the monitor (VF with pulse????). So I failed the Megacode. Twice.

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Obviously the examiner(s) had a problem with the way I worked my megacode, strange because about 6 hours before I went in there I worked a code for 55 mins and got em back with out Vaso or dopamine (GASP!)

If you get the job, prepare for the humidity and congratulations.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Lol I wish I had flown :p drove fourteen hours each way (do ya know how much it costs to rent a car if you're only 23? O_O)
Sorry to hear about your luck :( I actually failed vital signs, of all things, once. I'm hoping I did ok on the interview... But I feel better knowing they'll be calling on Tuesday instead of just not getting a call today.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yea... Turned down this time. Maybe I'll apply again in six months. I dunno. Now to hear from my hospital I interviewed with I guess...

8jimi8

CFRN
Yea... Turned down this time. Maybe I'll apply again in six months. I dunno. Now to hear from my hospital I interviewed with I guess...

We need a third roommate in august

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We need a third roommate in august

I've been applying in the Austin area. If I find anything out there you'll be the first to know!

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
Mchd ems

Hey Everyone. If you have any questions about MCHD EMS in Texas, please let me know. I can answer any questions you have regarding employment, testing procedures, orientation etc. I have been with them for 5 years.

Thanks.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Absolutely, kymedic. I'm 23 and getting out of the Army in El Paso late next year. I'd love to get on with MCHD. How difficult is the ascessions process? Hiring tests, exams, etc. What certs do you need as prerequisites? Is there a veterans preference?

Hows the pay/health plan, and how often do y'all hire? I'm looking at Q4 2012 or Jan 2013 as available.

Last edited by a moderator:

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
Absolutely, kymedic. I'm 23 and getting out of the Army in El Paso late next year. I'd love to get on with MCHD. How difficult is the ascessions process? Hiring tests, exams, etc. What certs do you need as prerequisites? Is there a veterans preference?

Hows the pay/health plan, and how often do y'all hire? I'm looking at Q4 2012 or Jan 2013 as available.

PM sent.

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
Mchd ems

Good morning everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that within the last year, we have a completely new management team and have or are restructuring our processes, including new hire testing and interview. If you have applied in the past couple of years and were not successful, I hope that you will give us another chance and apply again. The testing will not be easier but I am sure that it will be more friendly.

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know I am will try and answer them for you.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good morning everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that within the last year, we have a completely new management team and have or are restructuring our processes, including new hire testing and interview. If you have applied in the past couple of years and were not successful, I hope that you will give us another chance and apply again. The testing will not be easier but I am sure that it will be more friendly.

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions or comments, please let me know I am will try and answer them for you.

Hmm...I most likely will be reapplying :) Want out of NM And MCHD is still on the short list of places I want to work... especially now that I got my medic. Now if my TX card would just get here (I still have my TX EMT-I)

kymedic25

Forum Crew Member
Hmm...I most likely will be reapplying :) Want out of NM And MCHD is still on the short list of places I want to work... especially now that I got my medic. Now if my TX card would just get here (I still have my TX EMT-I)

You can still apply even with your EMT-I card and when your EMT-P card gets here, you can slide over.