light

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
1.) how old are you? (serious question). Young emts usually wanna deck out their pov. (Would I enjoy lights and such...no doubt)

2.) you don't need lights /end

3.) frolic here.... http://www.elightbars.org/

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey people, remember two things:

Let's keep it nice.

And...

The guy asks a legit question, let's keep it on track as much as possible. Like it or not POV lights are allowed in some areas.

Sent from a small, handheld electronic device that somehow manages to consume vast amounts of my time. Also know as a smart phone.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
In all honesty you need to look at that other site people have linked to.

Because I will confidently say that not many members here can actually answer your question for you, not many people on this site, if any (that I know of) have lights on their POV.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have strobe lights on my truck. Just for show tho. I don't use them on the roads or even for work. IMHO if my company wants me to come rolling in my POV with lights and possibly a siren they are going to supply me with what they want and they are going to be paying my insurance and registeration fees.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
In rural EMS there can be a legit reason.

I can remember being trapped behind a baler or wide disk harrow a few times. And if it's a 99 Corolla , good luck to you.

Ask your FD! They might even be able informally to hook you up with a used one. A loud horn helps too.

We get a lot of newbies who want to turn their ride into DangerTruck or something and think a flashing yellow light gives them takeoff clearance. Keep it safe and shiney side up/between the shoulders.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Why not take the money you'd waste on a light and put it towards something useful....like beer or a hot girl?
IDK... I've spent too many nights wasting money on beer (and woke up with a hangover) and on a hot girl (who didn't go home with me).... at least if I spend the money on a light, I will have something to show for it in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yeah, hunch over your hangover cure and watch that bubble light spin and spin...

...maybe not so good an idea.