Life - Enjoy it and never take a moment of it for granted

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I shouldn't be typing this.

I shouldn't have had the opportunity to wake up this morning.

I shouldn't be alive.

Kinda drama'ish, I know, but yesterday afternoon I was involved in high speed MVA while towing a 7000 pound trailer. For those of you familiar with Houston, the 610 Houston Ship Channel bridge is a hazard unto itself, much less with the heavy industrial traffic that is crossing it throughout the day. While coming down the steep grade of the bridge, I had a wheel completely separate from the trailer. Freak accident perhaps, but the result was complete of control of the trailer and my truck. Not knowing who I would hit in adjacent lanes to the right of me and realizing I would have careened off the right side of the bridge, I nosed the truck toward the center median and impacted it at 40 MPH head on. Fortunately the impact stopped my vehicle with trailer still attached and no one else was hit. The truck is totaled and my rescue training trailer is out for a few weeks, but I am still in one piece. Naproxen, Flexeril, and APAP has been my best friend since Friday afternoon!

Think and believe what you will, I was not alone in the cab of that truck (although I do believe my guardian angel has put in for a transfer! lol).

Take a moment to reflect on your life. Enjoy it and take every breath as it may be your last. We all strive to be safe and go home at the end of the day. I especially am MAJOR OCD, anal retentive, type-A when it comes to hitting the safety message home. Despite heeding my own advise and discipline, I almost lost my life.

Be safe my friends and thanks to those who have checked in on me.

(Sasha luv, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday afternoon, I wasn't feeling the greatest)

Anjel

Forum Angel
I saw this on fb. So glad you are ok!!!!

chillybreeze

Forum Lieutenant
I didnt know about the accident but Im so glad you are ok. I think you are right...you were not alone in that truck!! That could of turned out so different! Im very glad it didnt!!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ooh wow that sucks badly. At least your still alive tho. The same cant be said for your truck.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Roger that Flt. Once in a while something comes along to reshuffle the Priority Cards. Hope your pot-crash crapola allows time to just appreciate the day (albeit in a drug-inducedhaze...:cool:).

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Glad you are ok.

Speedy recovery.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Very glad to hear you came through this in one piece. positive thoughts being sent your way for a speedy recovery.

Excellent advice as well. It is very easy to take things for granted.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Excellent advice, but let me also add that your driving skills are very impressive. Many people would have fallen victim to a rollover in that scenario, it has happened to a friend towing a boat. I am duly impressed, and happy that you are alright.

hoop762

Forum Crew Member
Glad to hear you made it out ok, and kept the presence of mind to safeguard others in the midst of a crisis. Well done.

We hope for your swift recovery.

And thanks for sharing that with us. We all need something to help us keep life in perspective once in a while.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Glad to hear your okay! All the best for a speedy recovery.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Stuff like this makes you a better medic because now you have no doubt how thin the line!

Speedy recovery!

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Yikes...wishing you a speedy recovery and a hassle-free insurance agent.