Leatherman Raptor

BlueJayMedic

Interrupting natural selection since 2010
Got it as a gift. Love them, however definitely over priced. They do not in fact fit into traditional scissor pockets or a 2inch duty belt. As for the duty belt holster, I have contacted Letherman who has informed they have created a larger prototype that will fit a duty belt. :)
Just got mine in the mail the other day and am loving it. What exactly did they say about the larger holster? I have mine currently sitting on my bed awkwardly. It seems OK but I can foresee it snapping off sooner or later.

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
I have worn mine for over 6 months, on a daily basis. I haven't left my house unless it's on my belt. I've yet to have it sang or break on anything, just saying.

Joseph

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Worn mine on my belt for about 4 months now in a busy urban system averaging 8-10+ calls in a 12 without issue with the holster.

Only issue I've had is firefighters whom I trust borrowing it then trying to put it back in the holster while my hands are bloody or busy and jamming it in there goofy.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I carried mine open in the holster so it was easy to grab. My only annoyance with it was swapping the holster to be left handed friendly makes it a little awkward at time to unlock to bring out.

samiam

Amazing Member
Definitely sign up for the PRO deal if you qualify! The prices are all 50% off. The raptor was 37. The cheapest on amazon with free prime shipping I could find was $70. Also their flashlights and a whole bunch of other stuff is also 50% off. Somehow a $600 flashlight at $300 sounds so much more justifiable lol.

BlueJayMedic

They eliminated that discount program for canadians and state that we can't ship it to a PO Box which I can get over the border in Buffalo to try and be sneaky about it. Bummer. :(. Had to pay full price.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Ebay? Maybe?

BlueJayMedic

Did you already buy one full price?
Yeah I did, I had a multi tool in the basket too but bailed on it because of the price. I ended up getting it from Amazon.ca which was the same list price just with less shipping than from leatherman.

BlueJayMedic

I like gadgets, but 70+ for a pair of scissors is tough to swallow.

:)
Agreed, my wife was at a loss as to what to get me for valentines day (despite my pleas for nothing, stupid holiday) and went ahead and ordered it as a surprise. Expensive for sure but the only three things I carry on my belt are a pair of sheers, seat belt cutter and oxygen key and it has definitely decrease the weight and protrusion off the duty belt.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't wear anything on my belt. I have a raptor and a leather man multitool but everything stays in my pockets. Has no one ever had a pt try to grab things off their belt? It happened to me once and now everything stays in the pockets.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Nope. Never had anyone try to grab stuff off my belt.

And I agree, it's cool as hell, but I think the price point is high.