Leatherman Raptor

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
I know a couple of people who have these and they cut great and the O2 wrench comes in handy. They love them. Personally I never picked one though. I just stick with my skeletool and the disposable shears that come in our supply bins.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have a pair. Got them with the pro deal. Great tool.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My girlfriend bought me one for my birthday. I love it.

kreil45

Forum Probie
I love mine. Nice solid tool, well made. Only one thing about them, other people wanting them from you. Going to have my name engraved on the.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
Orange. Name. Getting one for sure. Thanks guys! I've never been disappointed by Leatherman!! My Dad even texted me at 10:45pm (grumble) saying he wanted one! He's not in the medical profession.

WestMetroMedic

Forum Lieutenant
My only beef with mine are that they don't fit in many EMS style trousers scissor pocket. The holster is actually pretty nice, but if you have a 2inch duty belt, it sits a bit askew, but i have no concerns about it falling off.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
It's a cool tool, and it does have some nifty features. But $75? Come on. At the end of the day it's nothing more than a pair of fancy folding scissors that do essentially the same thing as your average $5 trauma shears. And, unlike the raptor, regular trauma shears are autoclavable, and easily replaced when they go dull or get lost.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
It's a cool tool, and it does have some nifty features. But $75? Come on. At the end of the day it's nothing more than a pair of fancy folding scissors that do essentially the same thing as your average $5 trauma shears. And, unlike the raptor, regular trauma shears are autoclavable, and easily replaced when they go dull or get lost.
Ah but witg the leatherman ems discount its 35, which is reasonable. And you can always send it yo leatherman for sharpening if needed. Things hold an amazing edge though

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Okay, I must have missed this. How do I get the EMS discount? For 35 bucks, I'll buy one.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Okay, I must have missed this. How do I get the EMS discount? For 35 bucks, I'll buy one.
Google 'leatherman pro deal'

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Is this discount long standing? Probably be a while before I'll get one.

drl

Forum Lieutenant
Is this discount long standing? Probably be a while before I'll get one.

Yep, it's been there for quite some time and there's no news on them discontinuing it. For more details, see here and make an account.

At full price, definitely not worth it. At half price, I've found it to be a reasonable price for a useful tool.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Thanks so much everyone!!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
And application in. Now to convince the wife we have 35 dollars to spare!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I just got Approved for the pro discount!!! Now to convince my wife!