LA County changes worth watching in 2012

tacitblue

Forum Crew Member
And so it begins. County of Los Angeles District Attorney issues "Cease and Desist" letter to 4 companies, 6 more drafts waiting to go out next week.

Orange County has jumped on the bandwagon as well. At least 1 company suspended last week.

Good job EMS Agencies and way overdue.

Again, do you actually have any real sources for this information? I have checked the websites and can find exactly nothing...

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
Again, do you actually have any real sources for this information? I have checked the websites and can find exactly nothing...

I also have found nothing regarding this, I will be attending a meeting at LACounty EMS tomarrow, I'm sure I can find out some helpful information to I can pass it along to all of you...

OP
OP
A

ambusaurus

Forum Probie
In OC it was CRA and GCTI.... more coming out of LA tomorrow

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Links would be very beneficial in this thread.

eman00

Forum Crew Member
i worked at patriot, they closed because the owner mismanaged the company's finances (which included giving himself a $100K a year salary)

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
This happened in Texas in 2005 with operation Easy Rider. They shut down LOTS of services and most were of good size. Right now with Medicare cuts you are slowly seeing the other crappy ones disappear.

That's stretching it a bit. Warrants were issued for only 10 companies throughout Texas and none were major players in any given market. Several are also still operating with others starting up new operations under another license. The OIG investigation did little to correct the corruption that still exists in Texas.

Also, Operation Easy Rider was initiated in 2006, not 2005.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
i worked at patriot, they closed because the owner mismanaged the company's finances (which included giving himself a $100K a year salary)

A $100k salary is appropriate for an executive of an EMS agency. I know quite a few upper level folks making that salary.

eman00

Forum Crew Member
A $100k salary is appropriate for an executive of an EMS agency. I know quite a few upper level folks making that salary.

i can understand that salary for executive for a much bigger company, like Care or Rural/Metro that have over 150 rigs, not for a small BLS company that only operated 6 rigs.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I see Lynch is on there. When I left in 2007 they were doing a reasonable amount of business in the Long Beach (especially Pacific Hospital psych transports) and other Souheast LA County border cities.

eman00

Forum Crew Member
I see Lynch is on there. When I left in 2007 they were doing a reasonable amount of business in the Long Beach (especially Pacific Hospital psych transports) and other Souheast LA County border cities.

after you left in 2007, Pacific quit giving us their psych transports, last i heard, they have their own transport vans to take the psych patients to south campus, and they are contracted with two bls companies, lynch not being one of them.

OP
OP
A

ambusaurus

Forum Probie
LA County is extremely big. Till recent changes county license wasn't required.

Granted, it's big, but not that big. The list from the County excludes the additional 10 that were bounced during the initial application process.

Follow the money. Good job EMS Agency.

JPINFV

Gadfly
after you left in 2007, Pacific quit giving us their psych transports, last i heard, they have their own transport vans to take the psych patients to south campus, and they are contracted with two bls companies, lynch not being one of them.

So is the Charlie Spot (post) at Long Beach Memorial still being used?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

Yes, it is appropriate. However growing up in a family that owns several small business, I've seen owners take little or no salary, because the money needed to stay IN the business. If the owner is taking too much money out of the business, then the business will fail.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Truthfully 100k is not a lot but I do not understand any mobile business not expending if there is demand for service. Best thing about mobile business is you can go to location where there is customer demand. Some owner/managers forget this.