July 4th plans?

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
We used to do stand-by at a major river. Used to be multiple swiftwater calls every July 4th weekend. Not sure what happened.

Unsurprisingly, we get really busy with the wildland and interface fire calls.

The weather out this way means that our rivers are looking pretty pathetic from a Swiftwater Standpoint... I am still optomistic we will get a water based call (to cool off), but the reality is that you would have to be a complete moron to get into trouble on our rivers right now... hmmm... wait... 4th of July, drinking, flatlanerders... all right... I'm putting on my drysuit right now!!!

Naw... we just had a small fight last night in regards to forming a blitz/hasty team for weekends like this. There are a lot of great reasons to do so... but some of the older, set in their way, farts are able to pull every stupid "what-if" out of their... eh, heads... to destroy the idea. So, those of us available to go on calls are just waiting, trying to stay sober, knowing that any response is going to be delayed and with limited people... but that is life...

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Really? The rivers out here are crazy. Record-setting month for rainfall, and some counties are posting warning signs on the banks.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
4th of July plans: work.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Really? The rivers out here are crazy. Record-setting month for rainfall, and some counties are posting warning signs on the banks.

I took my puppy out this last week to one of our main rivers (one of three branchs that supplies the central valley of cali with most of its water) and we (the hound and myself) were able to shallow river cross (sorr, Swiftwater terminology)... The water is absolutlely pathetic considering where it was just 30 days ago and the three drownings we already had this year in our high sierra rivers...

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
I am going camping, and I have to First Respond if there is any calls near me :sad: due to we have a 45 min response time from quarters to the area I am going to be at!!!

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Probably going to NYC's Macy's Fourth of July, which is actually the largest. Then just chill the rest of the weekend.

I knew someone in Greenpoint B'klyn who would invite us up every year to watch. Great view, very close. We would BBQ, get hammered without crowds to bother us, then go clubbing.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Working 0700 to 0700 tomorrow. I'm going to go in early and PT before my shift begins, because we're definitely going to earn our paychecks tomorrow. Good thing there's a 7-11 next to Fairfax hosp for maintenance doses of coffee.

Medic744

Forum Captain
Working Sat and Mon with a break on Sun to do housework, spend quality time with my man, and go to a bday party for one of our friends. We have an aerial fireworks ban in our county so going to see how many people actually follow it.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
working a double time and a half ot shift from 2300 to 0700, hoping that our usall nieghborhood drunks forget how to drink for a night...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Was going to work but due to the fact I got into a car accident earlier I can't work anymore.

ClarkKent

Forum Lieutenant
Was going to work but due to the fact I got into a car accident earlier I can't work anymore.

Sasha, sorry to hear that you where in an accident, but from the looks of it (you are posting) you are doing ok.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Yeah, I'm fine. Sore, carless and hungry, with four points on my license after 5 years of a near perfect driving record, but fine.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I knew someone in Greenpoint B'klyn who would invite us up every year to watch. Great view, very close. We would BBQ, get hammered without crowds to bother us, then go clubbing.

its on the hudson this year not on the East river, so i guess they wont be seeing much of it :p

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Yeah, I'm fine. Sore, carless and hungry, with four points on my license after 5 years of a near perfect driving record, but fine.

Sasha, well take care of yourself, and get healthy!!

you know in Idaho, 4 points you can no longer drive the bus!!!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief

Was it really that bad... any seriouser injuries to you?

Sasha

Forum Chief
Was it really that bad... any seriouser injuries to you?

No. I can't work because of the points, we are only allowed three. No more threadjacking, any questions can be PM'd.

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member
Went to the beach for a few days with family and a few friends, going to eat lots of bbq, and later sleep like a baby b/c I did double duty all week.....

oneluv79:)