July 4th plans?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
What are you doing?

I'm working standby at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.

100* Texas days + drunks = me having to review protocols.

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
Just going to see some fireworks... prob nothing else... least nothing planned as of now.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Working my normal 1815-0545 shift, got invited to a party, but, alas, wasn't in enough time to get the day off (plus, I had a day off enforced on my last night, and, can't afford two in one week)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Bike medic (bike EMT, technically, but that sounds weird) at a large, 2-city, 3-park Festival. Meaning:
-Handing out bandaids, bandaids and more bandaids
-Reminding people that they need to drink water and eat food (cotton candy is not food), even when it's hot out, imagine that!
-Patrolling the fireworks perimeter and radioing in cops when punk kids try to cross it. How rebellious! Way to stick it to the man.

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Getting off duty at 0800, Getting on motorcycle going home, getting back on motorcycle and going to lake where parents have camper, boats and tubes setup.....the rest is history yet to be made.....Fireworks will be over the water after dark from Veterans Memorial State Park.

frdude1000

Forum Captain
Standby on the DC mall for fireworks...i think mine is the biggest!

OP
OP
Shishkabob

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Standby on the DC mall for fireworks...i think mine is the biggest!

You've obviously never seen the Detroit fireworks...so big you can see it in 2 countries!

Last edited by a moderator:

Chelle

Forum Crew Member
On call from 6p-6a, standby for the fireworks which are stellar for a small community. We had a close call last year (I wasn't an EMT at the time) when one of the displays barely left the ground before it exploded. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

During the day we will watch the parade and laze around the park all day. Then we usually go up on cemetary hill and watch the fireworks with all the dead people. It's tradition. :)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Working from 1800-0600 normal shift... I'm doing heartland fire backup probably a lot since we have big thing going on.

NJN

The Young One
getting into squad 1 at 0600 and working till 0800 where i transfer to squad 2 for a parade, don't know if i'm biking or just standing somewhere looking pretty, then at 1400 back to squad 1 till 1900, then to a bbq until 0000 then back to squad 1 and on till 0600 Sunday.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
Probably going to NYC's Macy's Fourth of July, which is actually the largest. Then just chill the rest of the weekend.

Sail195

Forum Lieutenant
This will be my first 4th off in about 6 years ( I dj part time as a hobby and the economy is killing business) so I am off to Martha's Vineyard with the girlfriend for the weekend should be a good time.... Have a fun and safe 4th everyone!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Sitting on my sober azz, trying to stay cool, as I wait for my pager to activiate on what is turning out to be one of the busiest weekends in my area in a number of years (according to the SO, Forest Services, CHP, etc...). :D

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Sitting on my sober azz, trying to stay cool, as I wait for my pager to activiate on what is turning out to be one of the busiest weekends in my area in a number of years (according to the SO, Forest Services, CHP, etc...). :D

We used to do stand-by at a major river. Used to be multiple swiftwater calls every July 4th weekend. Not sure what happened.

Unsurprisingly, we get really busy with the wildland and interface fire calls.