Job Interview

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I would say that if you go the tour you're looking better than if you weren't given the tour. Then again 10 minutes IS pretty short. :blink:

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well the tour took a good 30 minutes or so. But the talking part was the short part.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Looking better then.

Now it's time for you to write a thank you letter, basically saying "thank you for taking the time to meet with me this morning. It was a pleasure meeting you (or) all of you. Even though I have X amount of hours working in your ED already I appreciate the tour today...." blah blah blah.

If you have any questions this is the time (letter) to ask them. Coming up with more questions will let them know that you are interested.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, I just have to find out his last name. LoL He wasn't wearing a name badge, So I guess I will just have to call and ask someone. Is it best to send the thank you letter via snail mail, or should I deliver it, ETC.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
thank you! thank you! thank you!

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Snail Mail definitely. And do it today. I've had 2 interviews where I was up against a few people with a bit more education than me, but that thankyou letter made them hire me over the others. Good Luck, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I know today would be best, but we are gettin ready for our family reunion... my job... mow the 20 acres.... so, I will write it tonight, and I will get it in the mail tomorrow, and it will be there by monday.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtbass@Aug 5 2005, 11:31 AM
Well the tour took a good 30 minutes or so. But the talking part was the short part.
That is a good sign... usually they are at least considering you, otherwise they wouldn't give you a tour.

And if you are eager to be a a**-wiper, then you need psychiatric help. :D :rolleyes:

Good luck

jon

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well I wrote my thank you letter, which I will mail in the morning.... It sound all nice and professoinal :lol: Well Im off to bed. Thanks everyone for your help. It really helped me to stay calm. Durring my other interviews for various other positions, I wasn't nervous. But I was for this job... because I really want it.

Once again... thank you
emtbass

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Good Boy :D Good Luck, I really hope it works out for you. Keep us updated!

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Oh I will !!! Last time I had an interiew at this hospital, I took around 3 weeks.. maybe a month to hear anything back. But I will let yall know as soon as I know.
Thanks !!!!!! :lol:
emtbass

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I GOT THE JOB !!!! :D

Well I had my final interview yesterday (phone interview) which was akward since I had already had a real interview. After all the questions, she asked me when I could come in for my drug test because the emergency room wanted to offer me the job. She said that I have the job, but they still have to check my references, and get the drug test and background check back. And if that all went well, then I would definatly have the job. The only thing that I am worried about is if they happen to call my last job. I dont think my ex-boss would say anything too bad... I was an excelent employee, but I left on bad terms. But now that is the only thing that can keep me from the job. Maybe they wont even call.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Many of my current and former employers have a policy on what they will verify for references... usually Dates, Full/part time, job title/description, and sometimes will verify a salary...

Just make sure you told the new job something close to the truth so that if they hear something it dosen't come back on you...

jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
First of all, CONGRATS!

Secondly, Jon is right again. (Is he taking any new drugs this week? :blink: ) Most background checks seek to verify factual information. As a matter of fact, some states have laws that prevent former employers from releasing any information about you other than the dates you worked for them and whether or not they would re-hire you.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I'm really not too woried about what my previous employeer would say. Im just happy that they want to offer me the job. I think the only thing really holding anything up now is the background check... They told me that it would probably take about 3 or 4 days to get everything back.

I am just very happy because one of the requirements for this job was 1 yr of experience. Also the job is a night shift, which is very hard to get because you get a 15% shift diferential, and most night shift are already taken. I got this job with no help, it is just an awesome feeling. And I'm not complaining about the pay either :D

thank you everybody

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Aug 19 2005, 02:01 PM
First of all, CONGRATS!

Secondly, Jon is right again. (Is he taking any new drugs this week? :blink: ) Most background checks seek to verify factual information. As a matter of fact, some states have laws that prevent former employers from releasing any information about you other than the dates you worked for them and whether or not they would re-hire you.
however, in my area, everyone knoes everything.... at my new co., one of the field supervisors is a former partner of mine.. my first day at work, I had to verify the story of me and her in the ambulance when I sort of opened the fuel-line / Water Drain valve by accident... and didn't realize it..... The street was shut down for 4 blocks becuase of 35 gallons of disel that sort of, umm, leaked out.....
:blink: :rolleyes: :blink: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I walked in the door and was asked 5 minutes after I started my first day :D :rolleyes:

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
THATS AWESOME NEWS! I'm envious.

You gotta keep us updated on how the job / training goes :)

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well after they get everything back, they will invite me to the orientation, and hopefully I will be in the ED full time within the next few weeks.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D CONGRATS!! :D