Job Interview

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well like I said, I still haven't formally been given an offer for the job. But she did say that they still want to offer me the job. And that they would as long as nothing serious came up in my drug test, reference check, or background check. So in my opinion, I have the job. Has anyone ever been told this, and then didnt get the job? The drug test and background check will be no problem, but i did leave my last job on bad terms, but im not too woried.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Congradulations!!!!!!! Way to go. don't woory about the former employer. We all have tha one in our history that just didn't go well. Some people have many. the only questions that can be legally asked is 1. dates of employment, and 2. is this individual eligible for re-hire. Thats it and nothing more. Keep us informed, we'll have to buy you a beer next time we meet. Oh, thats right, your not old enough!!! (young pup :D ). guess thats more beer for me!!!!! take care!

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well when it comes to the beer... what people wont know wont hurt them :eek: I am so ready to start.... This is a great feeling... This also means that I will be able to move out of my parents house hopefully this semester :D That is probably the most inportant part, to me at least. My mom is already getting all sad and mushy.... her baby is all grown up :blink: Well they said it would take about 2 or 3 days to get everything back, so hopefully I should be hearing from them by monday or tuesday. I was thinking that I would call them monday, and just ask like what the hours of orientation are so I can see if I need to reschedule anything. But at the same time, I think I should just wait... they are very interested after all. I just want to keep them informed that I really want this, and Im not going anywhere... What are yall opinions? call or not ???

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Best thing to do is sit back and relax now. If you don't hear from them by Wednesday/Thursday, do a follow up phone call. You already did your thankyou letter so you don't want to over-do it. I'm so happy for you. You're posts are so enthusiastic, I can't help but feel excited for you!

Let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
Well I wrote the thank you letter to the ER coordiantor (my first interview)... but I haven't written anything to the person who I did my phone interview with... (the person who told me the good news). But I am hoping to hear from her before I would even be able to get that to her. Plus, I dont know her name ;) But it will all work out.

OP
OP
emtbass

emtbass

Forum Lieutenant
I got the job for sure now... I start September 6th