It's That Time of Year

crazycajun

Forum Captain
It seems this time every year my fellow coworkers and I like to reflect on the most outrageous calls on Thanksgiving and Black Friday that we have had over the years. Thought this would be a good time to share my favorites with the rest of you and hopefully you will share yours.

Thanksgiving
Called to a multiple stabbing to find two brothers in handcuffs with superficial stab wounds to the upper extremities. It seems there was a disagreement on who would get the last turkey leg. While treating them both the argument continued. From what I hear it also continued well into the night after they were both booked in the county jail.

Black Friday
Called to the scene for a manager at Target with unknown injuries. Upon arrival found two women in their 60's with bruises and battle scars being detained by security and the manager with lacerations to the face and arms. The manager explained that the two women wanted the same bicycle for their grandchildren. He went on to say that before he knew it, these sweet little old ladies began shouting, cursing and then fist fighting in the middle of the store. He stated that when he tried to break them up they turned on him, blaming him for only one bike being left. I asked how that worked out for him and he stated "Man them old ladies just beat the hell out of me! If it wasn't for security I think they would have killed me!" Trying not to laugh I asked one of the women if they really would have killed him. She simply replied "Damn Right"

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, tomorrow will be my first time working Thanksgiving, so we'll see if I can get any good stories, but chances are, I will not. :(

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well, tomorrow will be my first time working Thanksgiving, so we'll see if I can get any good stories, but chances are, I will not. :(

Frozen turkey + deep fryer = bad. Remember that and your fine haha.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

I'll keep it in mind, but I don't think I'll be frying a turkey tomorrow ;)

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I really really want to do this in the back parking lot at work. I might have to invite the FD over to make sure I don't burn something down, but it looks really cool. hopefully the cops don't have too much of an issue with it. probably won't as long as they can take pictures of what happens.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

I once watched my buddy (a dentist/phd), his dad (a veterinarian), his grandfather (a veterinarian) and two other guys (both phd's as I recall) light a backyard on fire doing this. After it was all over the fire was out and the fire department had left (shaking their heads) I told them "I didn't finish college what the hell are your excuses". It was a truly epic fail.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I've fried multiple turkeys without any issue.

Of course they got put in the fridge to thaw a couple of days in advance, dried inside and out prior to going in the oil and the fryer was outside on a concrete surface :D.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Generally I end up on a CPR everytime I work a holiday. Not good.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
No where on the turkey wrapper does it say to take the plastic off before you put it in the oven/fryer.
We had 7 on one Thanksgiving a few years ago.

Father stabbed 22 y/o son in shoulder with carving fork: son took 2nd leg.

Ex boyfriend got into fight with ex girlfriend: she got in mom's car to leave; he stood behind the car; mom broke his knee with car. He became combative on way to hospital finished trip in handcuffs going to a different hospital.

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
this is my first time working a holiday since i started EMS, lets hope all goes well

Joe

Forum Captain
Luckily my shift wasn't on today but lastnight our area had a ton of tc's. My last call was car going 50ish t boned car pulling into traffic. Full c spine on t boning driver. T boned driver walked away fine. Airbags save paperwork!

emt1000

Forum Ride Along
I had a "MCI" at a con home one year. An improperly prepared thanksgiving dinner caused a bunch of residents to come down with food poisoning. When we got on scene, there were about half a dozen people vomiting in the TV room. It was a funny sight with 2 engine companies and 4 ambulances outside the con home as people were coming to visit their loved ones because it was Thanksgiving. Later in the night we transported another couple that came down later on with symptoms.

OP
OP
C

crazycajun

Forum Captain
I really really want to do this in the back parking lot at work. I might have to invite the FD over to make sure I don't burn something down, but it looks really cool. hopefully the cops don't have too much of an issue with it. probably won't as long as they can take pictures of what happens.

Being born and raised in South Louisiana I forget not all people have been raised on Fried Turkey. Here is a link to a very good friends website. This is the best fryer money can buy and works great for turkeys, fish, chicken and just about anything else you can think of.
http://prostores1.megawebservers.com/krazykajuncookware_com/Detail.bok?no=240

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
worked on thanksgiving. had a traumatic arrest. son bashed father of head with baseball bat. i did get to use the ez io for the first time. pretty awesome

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Wasn't a response...

I was harried away from T'Giving when I was eighteen, accidentally drove by as one guy cut off his friend's ear. Papers said he later apologized.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322587239.756359.jpg

Hahaha. Neighbor's house.
They never learn.