Is there a certain standard to what kind of CPR certification you need to take the nremt? like do i need one from a specific recognized company?

LeDD

Forum Probie
My CPR cert lapsed and i just want to bang it out real quick to move on to taking the exam but i don't know which organizations are officially recognized by the registry

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
The NREMT doesn’t specify the organization you must use for your CPR course. They require:

CPR-BLS for "Healthcare Provider" or equivalent credential.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Check with your state EMS office. CO has specific providers... but the list is lengthy

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Like the others, I would suggest that the NREMT just wants a CPR course that is geared toward a professional responder/healthcare provider. The AHA and ARC both have such a course, as do others. HCP courses from nearly any provider will generally follow the AHA or ARC HCP course standards so as far as NREMT is concerned, if your state recognizes it as an HCP CPR course, so will they.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
AHA or equivalent is the reference that I’ve seen in print from NREMT. I’d go with AHA, ARC, or ASHI. YMMV - check your state EMS office just in case.