Is it fine to eat in the back of the ambulance

chickj0434

Forum Lieutenant
Not with patients in it but us it sanitary. I wash my hands and stuff just want ti make sure

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
OSHA i believe says no but sometimes my stomach said yes when I was riding third. All I know is the back is never clean enough.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Do what you gotta do, but keep those hands clean

cprted

Forum Captain
There's not a hospital cafeteria or break room you can use? Gotta do what you gotta do, but I'd avoid it if possible.

OP
OP
C

chickj0434

Forum Lieutenant
Ok thanks for the help. Why is it so bad if u wash ur hands or dont touch the food though. Particles landing on the food? But probably breathe those in anyways

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Now im freakin out that im gonna be sick
3517932.jpg

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Nothing you need to worry about is airborne. It's just kinda gross when you think of all the bodily fluids that have been sprayed back there.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've been in some restaurant kitchens that make the back of an ambulance look like a Silicon Valley clean room. I wouldn't worry about it all that much, I always ate when I was riding in the back of the ambulance. Eat when you have a chance.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Yeah, I eat in the back all the time. I'm never in the front of an ambulance anymore, and sometimes I'm in the back for an hour on the way back from the hospital. I just wish there could be cup holders in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Now im freakin out that im gonna be sick
You are going to have a short career if you think everything you do in this job is going to make you sick.
Yeah, I eat in the back all the time. I'm never in the front of an ambulance anymore, and sometimes I'm in the back for an hour on the way back from the hospital. I just wish there could be cup holders in the back.
That's what cabinets are for!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief