If you could

ThadeusJ

Forum Lieutenant
The recent discussion on Homan's Sign got me thinking...

IF you could apply your name (or avatar, whatever) to a diagnostic test, maneuver, or part of the body, what would it be? Something that anyone in the industry could understand and appreciate. Unfortunately all the sphincters are taken, so you have to be creative.

Mariemt

Forum Captain
The lungs I suppose. My daughter has a rare disease called histoplasmosis. She is a nursing student and an EMT student. Being an EMT myself I have had to weigh options of calling an ambulance or driving her to the hospital myself. I have learned a lot about breath sounds, shock, c diff from her being over treated from antibiotics before diagnosis and the anatomy of the lungs and diseases if the lungs. I'd have to go with that.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Achilles' tendon.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
The Boto Sprinkler: using your knife to drill a hole in the cap of a sterile water, turning it into a squeeze-bottle irrigator.

The Boto Necktie: clipping your radio to your neckline if you don't have a lapel mic.

Boto's "Lumbar-jack": stuffing a thigh BP cuff into the lumbar void of a boarded patient, inflating it until they're comfortable, and tying a knot in the tubes.

"Fleet's Favorite": closing the passenger-side door after your partner leaves it open by slamming the gas, then the brake.

Boto's Folly: smoothing out your late-night deliveries by carving across all five lanes of the road to create an optimal racing apex

Not that I'd do any of these.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
When on the second floor or greater of a residence and assessing a patient with a low index of suspicion for criticality, employing "DE's Interrogative"; "Can you walk... Have you tried"

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Have you attempted the "Lumbar-Jack" yet?

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Have you attempted the "Lumbar-Jack" yet?

All the time. Works okay.

I think the key is combining it with towels in an ideal configuration that I haven't quite perfected yet...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Anything to get my 10 letter polish name in front of medical students. I imagine that some day I'd even get into a debate with someone over how to pronounce it.