I think I failed :(

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I remember someone saying "the more you answer correctly, the more harder it gets" And vice versa.

So if you get the answer right, it gets harder. Wrong, it gets easier. So the questions might get harder and harder until it finds your point and then you might get like one wrong, then the next right, and the next wrong, and etc...So that it is 95% sure you will pass.

So a lot of people leave the test and get nearly half of the questions wrong, but still pass. There is a whole video out there explaining it with graphs and such.

OP
OP
I

IcantThinkofAname

Forum Crew Member
I don't even know how I would study better if I fail. Honestly, the questions I was getting weren't really covered in my class or my book. I was getting off-the-wall scenarios and things that we just didn't cover. For instance, we always just learned to hold c-spine and manually stabilize, etc., but I got a scenario where the pt.'s breathing difficulty increased when manual stabilization was attempted. That kind of situation was never covered in my class, and yes, I'm sure it should have been. But it's not like it's covered in my book, either, so if I go back to try to study, I'm not going to be studying what's on the test, I'm going to be studying what I already know, which apparently isn't sufficient!

This is very frustrating.

rhan101277

Forum Deputy Chief
Breathing comes first, what were the choices. I know you can use pillows and things if you need to instead of a cervical collar.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Studying what you already know won't get you far on the NREMT. NREMT questions are based on everything that you didn't even cover in class. I was asked about cribbing on a stabilize vehicle. Such a random question i was clueless on but i related it back to lifting and mechanics. I studied my whole workbook even on the topics that weren't covered in class.

OP
OP
I

IcantThinkofAname

Forum Crew Member
Breathing comes first, what were the choices. I know you can use pillows and things if you need to instead of a cervical collar.

I can't remember all 4 choices, but I know 1 involved trying to manually stabilize anyway and one involved securing to a long board. I think the other 2 were just crazy answers so I don't remember them.

Studying what you already know won't get you far on the NREMT. NREMT questions are based on everything that you didn't even cover in class. I was asked about cribbing on a stabilize vehicle. Such a random question i was clueless on but i related it back to lifting and mechanics. I studied my whole workbook even on the topics that weren't covered in class.

Yeah, see, I obviously am not going to study what I already know, but how do I go about studying what I don't know if I don't know that I don't know it? LOL, figure that one out! Seriously, though, I guess what I'm saying is that I read my whole book cover to cover, did the workbook for each chapter, and some of the stuff on my NREMT was just out there and I felt like I didn't have enough information to answer the question. I tried to use what I knew to apply it, but when they say that there is more than 1 right answer, they're not kidding! I feel like some of it is a "guess-which-answer-NREMTboardmember-felt-was-right" kind of thing.

Man, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I answered a WHOLE LOT of questions wrong.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Sorry...we don't allow NREMT exam questions to be posted here.

OP
OP
I

IcantThinkofAname

Forum Crew Member
Oh man, I'm sorry, I thought it was okay to post ABOUT the questions if you just didn't post the exact question and answers. I will definitely go back and edit my posts. Thank you!

ETA: Oh shoot, I thought I could back and edit my posts, but I guess I can't. I will refrain from posting anything else about the test.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Oh man, I'm sorry, I thought it was okay to post ABOUT the questions if you just didn't post the exact question and answers. I will definitely go back and edit my posts. Thank you!

ETA: Oh shoot, I thought I could back and edit my posts, but I guess I can't. I will refrain from posting anything else about the test.

I don't have a problem with paraphrasing the question and listing the two options you were confused about, but I don't think it would be appropriate to list all four possible answers from the test. Perhaps Rid could offer further clarification on this one.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Most of the NREMT questions are not written so that you can memorize an answer from the book. By going through the test once you should have picked up on their way of thinking and understand what they're really looking for. A majority of the questions from what I remember were written in a way that you had to put the puzzle pieces together and use your critical thinking to determine what would lead to the best outcome of the patient. Honestly I think if you don't pass the test and have to retake you should try to get some more ride time in on the ambulance to really get the feel for how things work and to train yourself to use the thought process they're looking for. As I'm sure you know things are not always done the way NREMT wants them on the ambulance so watch out for that but the general thought process of the questions tries to put you in charge of pt. care on a scene and see how you act.

OP
OP
I

IcantThinkofAname

Forum Crew Member
Monday at 8:02am and no results yet, lol. Oh man, I'm going to be a basket case all day long if they don't post this morning!!!!

Just to make sure, all I have to do is log onto my account and click "check application status," right?

Bosco578

Forum Captain
Monday at 8:02am and no results yet, lol. Oh man, I'm going to be a basket case all day long if they don't post this morning!!!!

Just to make sure, all I have to do is log onto my account and click "check application status," right?

Hang in there! You'll be fine....^_^

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats on passing your test. where do you plan to go from there? I will be taking the n/r soon and I am not sure what the next step will be.

Noctis Lucis Caelum

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats on passing your test. where do you plan to go from there? I will be taking the n/r soon and I am not sure what the next step will be.

Getting Ambulance Certs, than Live Scan for background checks for both EMT and Ambulance Cert. Start applying and hope to get in, that's how it is in CA after passing the NREMT.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
There ya go!!!

YEA!!!!!!!! Congrats!!! :):):)