I need help so I can pass

italk

Forum Crew Member
I need New Jersey Medical Protocols for glucose, Epi-pen,Nitro, atsma inhaler. I need different scenarios I can practice using each one of these

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Seems like your instructor would be the best bet for this. Practice with someone in your class.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I do not see my instructor still next tuesday by that time it is to late I either passed or failed. so I am asking on the forums so I can practice some.

EMSrush

Forum Captain
Protocols vary widely from state to state, even from county to county- so be careful not to confuse yourself with different protocols that might be on Emtlife.com. Have you tried to see if what you are looking for is available on your state's DOH/EMS website?

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
I can not find anything for jersey like for scarnarios I want people to give some so I can give it to someone to test me on it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Didn't you do scenarios in class? Maybe use some of them? All the meds you listed are pretty basic in their indications and contraindications.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
We did some in class but, most of were trauma based not medication based so I asking for scenarios so my mom can test me.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
All I am asking is for example scenarios I can test myself with I can upload all of the protocols if that would help

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
For your medical assessment station there are only a few options as to what is wrong with your patient. Its either going to be an allergic reaction (Epi), asthma (Albuterol), chest pain (Nitro), or a diabetic (oral glucose).

The scenario will be pretty obvious as to which medication is indicated.

Doesnt sound like your instructor prepared you guys and gals for registry all that well.

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
My instructor all he did was yell. I am scared because if I do not make it I'm out. third 3 try. can I have example scenario so I practice better.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
My instructor all he did was yell. I am scared because if I do not make it I'm out. third 3 try. can I have example scenario so I practice better.

Alrighty.

You arrive on scene and find a 62 year old female who is confused, but still responds to you. Bystanders state that she began mumbling obscenities and "acting funny" about 15 minutes before EMS was called. Her skin is cool to the touch and vitals are as follows:

Pulse - 96 and thready
Resp. - 18
BP - 138/90
Lungs - present and equal bilaterally
Pupils - PEARL
BGL - 48

Go!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll throw you a bone.

19 yo patient complaining of respiratory distress. Upon arrival you see a 19 yo female in the tripod position at a family BBQ. ABC assessment reveals facial and swelling of the tongue, lips and mouth. The patient has audible stridor, accessory muscle use and is breathing rapidly. The patient has hives on her chest. Pt is tachycardic, BP is 92/70. SAMPLE indicates allergies to bee stings and asthma. Only meds are an Epi-Pen and inhaler prescribed by her doctor.

What do you do?

Dispatched to Behavioral emergency. U/A 45 year old male alert to verbal stimuli, A&Ox1, pt is agitated/combative but talking to you. The pulse is rapid, adequate respirations, BP 128/82, skin is cool, and diaphoretic. The patient's wife tells you he has a no history of psychiatric problems but has a history of Insulin dependent diabetes.

What do you do?

There's two, someone else can give you the other two.

Your welcome.

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
Scenario 2:

You arrive on scene and find a 58 year old male complaining of crushing substernal chest pain that radiates to his abdomen, and shortness of breath. The pain started about 20 minutes ago. He has an extensive medical history which includes a bypass surgery 4 years ago, and is prescribed Nitro by his doctor.

Go!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alrighty.

You arrive on scene and find a 62 year old female who is confused, but still responds to you. Bystanders state that she began mumbling obscenities and "acting funny" about 15 minutes before EMS was called. Her skin is cool to the touch and vitals are as follows:

Pulse - 96 and thready
Resp. - 18
BP - 138/90
Lungs - present and equal bilaterally
Pupils - PEARL
BGL - 48

Go!

Cheating! Unless basics can do BGL in NJ. :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dispatched to 21 year old female complaining of respiratory distress.

U/A 21 yo Female sitting on the porch in tripod position. C/C of shortness of breath and tightness in her chest. She talks in 2 word sentences between breath. She is breathing 30 times a minute. She is blue around the mouth. She tells you "my boyfriend...gasp....just broke...gasp...up with...me". She has audible wheezing. She has a history of asthma and depression. When you ask about meds she hands you an inhaler.

What do you do?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What is BGL? Is this situation call for glucose?

BGL = blood glucose level.

You need to reference which scenario your talking about, there's more than one that was presented.

Don't as us what it's about, tell us what your thoughts are and how you would treat it.

I'm willing to bet that we have more medical knowledge than your mother, no offense.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Seeing as your not a paramedic student that doesn't really matter now does it?

OP
OP
italk

italk

Forum Crew Member
The one of glucose from Chief compliant I would first ask if he has not taken his insulin in day and make sure he can swallow but I would calls ALS. I would use one tube of glucose in the tongue suppressor places between in the cheek and gum also, rapid transport