I cant find what this means?

newls1

Forum Probie
Today in my EMT-I class, our instructor (who is so awesome) kept saying I.N.T Cap when we were going over IV's. I asked her after she was done talking about this what INT CAP means, however she didnt know:p. Do any of you know what it means? I've googled the heck out of this, to no avail. Thanks. I would enjoy telling my teacher what it means first LOL!

Sasha

Forum Chief
Today in my EMT-I class, our instructor (who is so awesome) kept saying I.N.T Cap when we were going over IV's. I asked her after she was done talking about this what INT CAP means, however she didnt know:p. Do any of you know what it means? I've googled the heck out of this, to no avail. Thanks. I would enjoy telling my teacher what it means first LOL!

It means your instructor shouldn't be mentioning stuff she doesn't know.

OP
OP
newls1

newls1

Forum Probie
It means your instructor shouldn't be mentioning stuff she doesn't know.

Come on now, be nice! She is a great instructor. I learn more from her lectures, then any other instructor......

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Second

Forum Lieutenant
yet they didnt answer either

no i dont know

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well. I looked and looked online and can't find a thing. Sooooooo.....

......idunnoeither.:blush:

reaper

Working Bum
It is a needless port that goes on the IV cath, if you do not need a bag hanging. Some places use extensions, others use an INT. it is also called a PRN.

I do agree that your instructor should not be lecturing on things that she has no clue about!

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
It is a needless port that goes on the IV cath, if you do not need a bag hanging. Some places use extensions, others use an INT. it is also called a PRN.

+1 we use these and they are very nice to have, they're great to gain iv access without having to hang fluid for no reason.

OP
OP
newls1

newls1

Forum Probie

I do agree that your instructor should not be lecturing on things that she has no clue about!

OK, thanks for the reply, do you know what INT stands for?

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Ditto... oh well, learn something new.

Remember, there is a difference between saline locks and heparin locks. As the solution within them are totally different!

Although the same action per say, they are NOT the same!

R/r 911