Hurricane Wilma - Gone

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
What the heck. I go to sleep and this thing explodes. :eek:

Yep, as the Princess stated this storm is now a Cat 5 and has the lowest pressure EVER for a Hurricane, 884 mbs. We should get another reading in the next hour or so when the next advisory comes out.

While this storm has radically intensified, another thing that we here in south Florida have to worry about is speed. Friday evening, early Saturday morning, this storm will be making its turn around Cuba. Once it makes its turn it will basically launch across Florida and end up in the Atlantic on Sunday. This storm will move quick.

Thanks for the offer Princess but I have to stick around here. Part of my duties with the Red Cross.

More later.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Dammit , It was a Cat 1 when I went to bed!! What the hell...

Our apt is wood frame, were waiting but getting ready to pack. Jay is off duty, if this thing is really going to hit us we are out of here.

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Firechic@Oct 18 2005, 01:06 PM
Just like a typical woman, not sure which direction she is going  J/K
Oh, we KNOW which way we're going.....we just don't like to TELL everyone!!! :D
I know that was coming,,LOL,,but expecting alittle more wrath for it. ;) :p In all seriousness though, Hopefully this will pass with min damage as possible.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
And you people wonder why I dont like visiting the gulf coast. ;)

Wingnut, pack your bags and come to Arkansas your safer here.

Chimpie have fun bro!

I think after this seasons hurricanes, I think ALOT of old folks will start retiring up north instead of in Florida. The Gulf Coast is GONE!

Min Damage?!?!

Hon Catagory 5 means your shrimp boat is going to be somewhere in the bottom of the ocean.

Hopefully people have started to evacuate. Time for FEMA to screw up again. <_<

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
They are currently evacuating the keys of all non residents. No word out here yet, we're all sitting & waiting. I spent 20 mins this morning looking for a place to fill up my gas tank, hopefully I'll better luck this afternoon. Started packing a bit, I don't want to do too much in case we don't have to go.

I hate waiting :(

At this point I'm ready to pack a UHaul and get the hell out of here.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
To everyone in Florida,

Be safe and keep us upated! I know Dave (Chimp) is involved with the Red Cross and I'm sure he's busy, but if anyone has a chance, it's nice to hear first-hand accounts.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
I do thing the gulf coat will have lots of land and house for sale.....

not that i would look to buy in that area...

but in your area beware of the used car sales.. as many dryed out cars from the gulf are making there way across the states...

just maybe this time when ppl are told to leave they will do it.... if not TO DAM BAD.....

FEMA .. get you notes ready.... remember how you messed up in the past.. thats a hint .. of what not to do...

then after fl. is hit.. head in new england.. as they will be flooded from the rains ..
they are soaked already and will have old dams breaking and just go under water
as the land is unable to take any more

I like being here in virginia....inland feels safe... t-storms durning the summer... some heavy rain at times... and maybe a twister or two warning....

better then swimming to the conner store

Margaritaville

Forum Lieutenant
Please be careful Chimp and wingnut.

Your and your families will be in our prayers. I got a bad feeling about this storm. Don't take any unnecessary chances!

Margaritaville

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by GVRS672@Oct 19 2005, 05:18 PM
I do thing the gulf coat will have lots of land and house for sale.....

not that i would look to buy in that area...
You would think that was the case, but it was after (actually during) the mass amount of hurricanes last year when the big housing boom here happened.

:blink:

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Think about Wingnut more than me though. She is in the direct path of it. Our chapter is standing by to help out our neighboring chapters.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
So... where do I sign up to help???

I just got my paycheck from LA...... Wow.... I got a nice chunk less debt now :D :lol: :lol:

Please be aware.... I didn't go down to get paid. In fact, I would have gone for free.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
My friend is evacuating from the Keys tomorrow night or Friday am. If he can't find somewhere to go, I'll be PMing those of you in FL. He's cute, single, and straight. :D

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Oct 19 2005, 09:04 PM
My friend is evacuating from the Keys tomorrow night or Friday am. If he can't find somewhere to go, I'll be PMing those of you in FL. He's cute, single, and straight. :D
<_< Lose my pm please.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
"Wingnut, pack your bags and come to Arkansas your safer here."

Thanks Cap'n!

"but in your area beware of the used car sales.. as many dryed out cars from the gulf are making there way across the states..."

That is so true, they just did a program on that in our area because it's becoming a big problem here.

"then after fl. is hit.. head in new england.. as they will be flooded from the rains ..
they are soaked already and will have old dams breaking and just go under water
as the land is unable to take any more"

Mass had one do that today (or yesterday?) It was in the news today. :(

"Please be careful Chimp and wingnut.

Your and your families will be in our prayers. I got a bad feeling about this storm. Don't take any unnecessary chances!

Margaritaville"

Thankyou! I appreciate it.

"Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Think about Wingnut more than me though. She is in the direct path of it. Our chapter is standing by to help out our neighboring chapters."

We are at the moment, but that can change to you at any minute Chimp...you be just as careful as we are!

"Please be aware.... I didn't go down to get paid. In fact, I would have gone for free."

We know Jon, we've seen the pictures of what you really do for money. :lol: :p

Anyway, If it looks like we're really going to get nailed, we're going to head up to Inverness. Fortunately Jay's shift didn't get stuck for this hurricane, so he'll actually be able to go with us.

Everyone needs to be careful, I have a bad feeling about this one too, it's a monster. I'm keeping my fingers crossed prayers ready and gas tank filled up.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Jenn- I will be thinking of you and your family. Please stay safe and check in with us as soon as you can. I will PM you my cell phone number, if you cant get to a computer you can call and I will keep everyone UTD on you and your family.

Chimp- The Regional Director of our Red Cross Chapter just resigned this week. Perhaps its time to head north a little? Be careful, and thank you again for all you guys did for us after our Storms.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Princess, thanks, you're a total sweetheart :D

Just watched our update, it's Cat 4 BUT...Cat 5 = 156mph winds, and Wilma has 155mph winds :unsure:

They also said it may not make landfall until Sunday or even Monday, but they should know more by tomorrow.

Here we go again! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah, let me move away from here to a place that has been hit repeatedly over the last two years. LOL No thanks! :p

I'll be teaching all day and then attending a big event. I won't even be able to check the status of the storm until late tonight.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Chimpie@Oct 20 2005, 06:15 AM
Yeah, let me move away from here to a place that has been hit repeatedly over the last two years. LOL No thanks! :p

I'll be teaching all day and then attending a big event. I won't even be able to check the status of the storm until late tonight.
While, mine won't be as detailed, I'll add updates as I watch the news,

All is th same this morning as what I just posted from last ight, except the winds have died down to 150mph.

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Looking at the NOAA site now, it seems Wilma is not quite of herself again. However, Winds are still around 145mph & heading North-Northwest @ 6mph. Wingnut & Chimpie, Both you be careful & stay safe, we are thinking about you here in Pa. As for FEMA,,no comment,

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
NOAA, the meca of weatherpeople whom are paid even if they're wrong 1/2 the time....of course the flip side is that the worse the weather gets the more hotties they have reporting it, great entertainment if your into viewing with the sound off i suppose....
~S~

OP
OP
Chimpie

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
It's amazing how the forecasted track of this storm has stayed the same this week. Wilma still seems to be targeting Naples and is predicted to make landfall Monday evening. Conditions will start to worsen beginning Sunday however.

There are many models that take the storm further north and south of Naples, but no matter what, Naples will still be affected. Up in Sarasota we should experience tropical storm winds.

I'll be in class all day today. I will check back in later tonight.