Hurricane Sandy

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We are in full on hurricane prep mode here in Delaware. What's your department doing to get ready for "Frankenstorm"?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
recall of Special Operations Group, staffing of 2 SOG crews 24/7 from sunday until tuesday, additional staffing on rescue crew, OT approved for additional dispatchers, OT approved for all open shifts, other than that, business as usual.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Don't know and don't care. As of 4 hours ago, I am off for the next 7 days :)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
On stand-by here in California. If the national EMS contract gets activated by FEMA then I will be out there.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Off duty and not doing DRT this hurricane. I deployed with DRT and FEMA for Isaac and am out of town this week

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Hubby's regular work schedule has him working Sunday and Tuesday. They are holding him over for Monday as well.

I'm working Monday. Kids home with a sitter during a storm? Not my favorite idea.

This should make quick work of getting the last of the leaves off the trees.

CFal

Forum Captain
I volunteer for MRC, got an email saying that we could be mobilized for a field hospital/medical support at shelters.
I volunteer for an Ambulance Corps I just got an email we are on 24 hour storm coverage from Sunday on.

Achilles

Forum Moron
original.jpg

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Hang in there y'all!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Positive vibes being sent your way hurricane folks. Be safe.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
It was an interesting night here. Wind and rain bands and a Friday night made for a busy night on the streets. We escaped the worst of it, though my yard is covered in palm fronds and tree branches. To all those that will meet Sandy soon, stay safe and make sure you have your home disaster plan in order. As for me I'm going surfung!!!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Disaster plan basics

1. Car that runs: check
2. Full tank of gas: check
3. Cash: check
4. Know at least two ways to get out of Dodge to safety/high ground: check
a. If you have pets, then to a pet friendly site: check
5. Couple days' water, food, meds, sanitary supplies in the car: check
6. Know when to jump: what are you doing sitting there reading this?

Noguchi-sensei said the best defense is not to be there when the blow falls...or, in this case, when the Fall blows.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Thinking of you all in the path of Sandy. Batten down and hang in there!

I almost wish I was up there with y'all! Give me a safe place to hang out and I love watching heavy weather.

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
We're at level 3 EOC activation. Tomorrow our shelters are opening, evacuations are going to occur, I believe we'll up staff EMS too. Everyone called in for tomorrow has a cot and a 36 hour bag ready... The volunteer departments are all bunkering up for the remainder of the weekend too.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just found out that I've been detailed to the EOC to work on the Public Info task force. I kind o wish I was gonna be out in the middle of it, but dry feet and warm food sounds pretty nice too.

MommaMaryEMT

Forum Ride Along
On Duty for my Job (HR Manager for a Food Manufacturing Plant) watching the storm and meeting with our Issue/Crisis team two times today and two times tomorrow. Will watch and wait. As for my Volunteer Duties, ready and waiting for activation.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our Strike Team leader just got activated and is on his way out there. Last word from him is that it does look like we are getting deployed.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our Strike Team leader just got activated and is on his way out there. Last word from him is that it does look like we are getting deployed.

I got word from my boss that I'm on the list for a second wave. Your gonna be going

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I got word from my boss that I'm on the list for a second wave. Your gonna be going

I'm more nervous about the airport and flying then everything else. Never been in an airport or on a plane before.