Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Doctoral-level, completed

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other post-graduate certificates or degrees

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rettunngssanitäter" certifikate

Your RS is much more in line with our EMT-P than our EMT-I, at least from what I have seen and read.

B.Sc. in psychology (double minor in biology and environmental science), diploma in primary care paramedicine, M.Sc. in health research, and a graduate certificate in healthcare eduation. As my current partner once said, "If I wanted to be done with university quickly, I would have become a physician:ph34r:"

AS in Fire Science and Paramedicine

About 1 year from completeing a BS in public health with a minor in sociology.

For a Masters it still depends on exactly the career path I pursue.

Your RS is much more in line with our EMT-P than our EMT-I, at least from what I have seen and read.

Thanks, I did not know. ^_^
I have tried to estimate roughly.
I hope I do justice to this level of training.

Various certifications in EMS/Fire
B.M. in Percussion
B.Sc. Microbiology
63% of an M.D.

BSN, not working as an EMT since 1984

Much collateral training, spread through disaster preparedness, military science, and how to work with inmates.

Dropped out of high school --> GED --> EMT --> Paramedic --> BS (health science) --> currently 3/8 MD

Yes, if I ever have an office I will be putting the GED diploma on the wall next to my other degrees.

Dropped out of high school --> GED --> EMT --> Paramedic --> BS (health science) --> currently 3/8 MD

Yes, if I ever have an office I will be putting the GED diploma on the wall next to my other degrees.

Thats awesome. LoL

The GED when you got it is probably worth far more than a current high school diploma.

AAS in Computer Networking and Systems Administration which I am not using.

EMT-B certification and waiting on Paramedic school to start (Can't get in anywhere until 08/2012 to 01/2013). Getting Texas Core Curriculum and sciences classes done in the time being.

*BA in sociology & health sciences. Surprise surprise when I grad in 08, there were no jobs
*EMT-B
*my BSN will be complete in May-->RN in June.

* after I work for a bit I'll get my MSN, ACNP/ENP

...schooling is tiring lol

I have a Paramedic License, have been an EMT since 1997. I hold a Bachelor's in Sports Medicine and am currently in an ADN program, and considering (strongly) continuing that through BSN and/or MSN programs.

I found EMT to be exceedingly easy and outside of ACLS/PALS and ECG, I found Paramedic to be also very easy. A lot of information to sure, but overall, not that difficult, primarily because of the knowledge gained earning my Bachelor's.

I'll venture to ask: Do you think an Associates or Bachelors should be required in some discipline in order to work in EMS?

No, not for what we do as ems for the moment, if we were to treat and release then yeah I think higher education should be the new standard, but I don't think that will ever be the case at least where I live and work.

Basic

Near AAS...got to find a way to finish it.

And paramedic school starts in 3 weeks.

2 Associate's degrees, general business and applied science (medic)...a professional mixology certificate (REALLY comes in handy) and various other ems-related certifications. All in all, not enough school...I want more but money is not in my future!

B.A. in Anthropology - UCSB
B.A. in East Asian Studies - UCSB
A.S. in Fire Technology - Oxnard College
A.S. in Paramedic studies - Ventura College
A.A. in Japanese - MiraCosta College
A.S. in Biology - MiraCosta College
A.A. in Anthropology - MiraCosta College
A.S. in Automotive Technology - Oxnard&Ventura Colleges

I just took classes and more classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
B.A. in Anthropology - UCSB
B.A. in East Asian Studies - UCSB
A.S. in Fire Technology - Oxnard College
A.S. in Paramedic studies - Ventura College
A.A. in Japanese - MiraCosta College
A.S. in Biology - MiraCosta College
A.A. in Anthropology - MiraCosta College
A.S. in Automotive Technology - Oxnard&Ventura Colleges

I just took classes and more classes.

Holy Crap. I guess I don't feel so ridiculous for wanting to end up with 2 AAS degrees, 1 BS and a Masters.

I will finish my BA in Geography this coming Spring, after which I will be most likely starting a Masters of Divinity in Fall of 2012. EMT-B class starts next month.

Back