• In jump bag

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Don't carry

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
because the ALS gear bags have a Littmann in them already

I have to use my own scope unless I forget it.... don't like sticking something in my ears that has been in countless other peoples ears.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have to use my own scope unless I forget it.... don't like sticking something in my ears that has been in countless other peoples ears.

That's why as soon as I get on a truck, one of the first things I do with all the steth's is to wipe it down all over with cavi-wipes

fiddlesticks

Forum Crew Member
around my neck for calls in my bag in the truck. or it stays on the netting.

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
mine goes around my neck when going in, usually on the cot on the way out. i will NOT use one of the ones on the rig. i have never seen them clean, and when i cleaned them the pads came off black. and the scope turned out to be blue. gross.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
when i cleaned them the pads came off black. and the scope turned out to be blue. gross.

Very gross- thats why the majority in my department have their own.

Usually I carry mine around my neck or laying on a seat where i can get to it but its not in the way.

When I'm with my fire rescue, I usually shove it into the front pocket on my turnout.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
in the jump bag most of the time, around the neck on calls

EMT-G36C

Forum Crew Member
In my bag most of the shift ( it's a personal Littmann and I'm pretty forgetful so I never leave it on the back of the cot, lost my gloves already.), around neck for the first half of the calls, and I'll usually take it off as I walk to the drivers seat on most calls and throw it back in my bag. I may skip this step if I'm on a 1.

EMTim

Forum Probie
The bell/diaphragm can get damaged if it's in a cargo pocket, so I usually keep it sitting on the clean gurney in between calls. I put it around the shirt collar going in, then clean the whole thing with prep pads after every pt contact.

There's some nasty people out there....ha

mushin_042

Forum Ride Along
If i'm off the ambulance usually in the catchall on the back of the cot, if I have something else there then around my neck. If i'm in the back usually on the bench seat or hanging off the net.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
when on calls, around my neck. i also have a scope cover around the neck of the scope, which gets washed regularly.

when on psych calls, NOT around my neck. usually in the bag.

when not on calls, it usually stays on the dash of the ambulance.

my old job didn't allow us to wear pants with cargo pockets, so that wasn't an option.

my scope is always with me. this way it doesn't develop legs when out of my sight. plus i always have it with me if I need it.

MCGLYNN_EMTP

Forum Crew Member
mine stays on the back part of the stretcher...or on the stretcher with the rest of the gear It's always in reach while I'm on a call and I don't have to worry about forgetting it elsewhere

emtfarva

Forum Captain
In the back of the truck by the side door where it stays till i need it... If I forget i have it on me, it is around my neck

atropine

Forum Captain
Why don't people be normal and carry it with their equipment, instead of looking like a retard around the neck.:p

dragonjbynight

Forum Crew Member
Maybe this will be the dumbest comment, but oh well....Does it really matter? If you prefer it around your neck, then so be it, if you prefer it with your gear..so be it. Personal preference is different for every one and every situation is different.

Just my two cents anyways.

paramedichopeful

Forum Lieutenant
I always carry mine in one of my cargo pockets. The around-the-neck carry is too dangerous- much to easy for a pt. or somebody else to grab ahold of it and jerk you around. Happened to my assistant instructor once; seeing that was enough to break me of the sling-it-around-your-neck habit. It doesn't take any longer to pull them out of your pocket and it offers you a bit of protection; 1 less thing that could endanger you. Plus, I think it keeps them looking nicer too. And those whackers you meet in public won't come up to you and ask for a blood pressure check just so they can see inside your ambo. actually the last part is something like I would have done a few months ago. I think we all go through that curiosity stage that precedents the development of our self-concept as EMS providers. just a little psychology/sociology here.

SEBeast

Forum Crew Member
?

I have a department issued one in my bag, and my personal one around my neck. What's the purpose of this poll?