Houston-Area and Central(ish) Texas Medic Jobs

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So with Cypress Creek shutting down and kicking dozens to the curb, who is hiring in the Houston and SE/Central Texas areas?

It’s a bit of a drive, but I know a lot of the counties between Houston and Austin are actively hiring for all levels.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

ATC is a vortex of mandatory overtime and “wokeness”.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

They’re suspending and firing people at the drop of a hat for literally **any** conduct that their civilian review board doesn’t like. When the board is primarily comprised of awakened Karens, there are some challenges. It’s apparently not even about professionalism or clinical medicine but more of a circular firing squad from what I’m hearing.

source- my partner, who just left ATCEMS due to mandatory overtime.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Are there thoughts about the new service (Harris County ESD 11)?

Pretty cool opportunity to build an ambulance service from the ground up.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
They’re suspending and firing people at the drop of a hat for literally **any** conduct that their civilian review board doesn’t like. When the board is primarily comprised of awakened Karens, there are some challenges. It’s apparently not even about professionalism or clinical medicine but more of a circular firing squad from what I’m hearing.

source- my partner, who just left ATCEMS due to mandatory overtime.
oh wow. it's gotten that bad there, eh? I had wondered why they seemed to be desperately hiring recently. (saw some reddit comments recently.)

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

oh wow. it's gotten that bad there, eh? I had wondered why they seemed to be desperately hiring recently. (saw some reddit comments recently.)
-150+ positions, essentially a full shift. Someone is always on overtime. And civil service means you can’t say no.