Hosting and working marathons makes the elderly die quicker

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Remember those protesters who blocked roads and caused ambulances to be diverted? Or Chris Christie who blocked a bridge and killed a patient in an ambulance?

So, there's no difference between lawful freedom of assembly (guaranteed by the C of the US) and unlawful disruption? Even if making things like parades and races on public streets illegal would actually in the greater scheme of things protect lives, it could never pass constitutional scrutiny.

Freedom isn't free isn't just a trite slogan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain
So, there's no difference between lawful freedom of assembly (guaranteed by the C of the US) and unlawful disruption? Even if making things like parades and races on public streets illegal would actually in the greater scheme of things protect lives, it could never pass constitutional scrutiny.

Freedom isn't free isn't just a trite slogan.
Assembly must be balanced with public safety risks. Marathons disrupt public safety by slowing ambulance response times and accessibility to hospitals. Therefore every marathon must be cancelled as it is the only option. People can run at the track or on their home treadmills.

Underoath87

Forum Asst. Chief
Assembly must be balanced with public safety risks. Marathons disrupt public safety by slowing ambulance response times and accessibility to hospitals. Therefore every marathon must be cancelled as it is the only option. People can run at the track or on their home treadmills.

This is some sort of public safety fascism. Please take some time off from work in order to regain a more balanced perspective on life.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
People are going to die because a train delayed an ambulance, or snow, or a tree fell and blocked the roadway.
Your right..... I agree with @Alan L Serve , lets also ban trains and snow!!!! and trees, every time a tree blocks the road, the most direct path is blocked... just cut them all down and lives will be saved!!!

Summit

Critical Crazy
Wait... but... 8 hour response times are unfounded, the GOLDEN hour is bunk, and we shouldn't run emergent to save 5 minutes... but Marathons and Protests kill people by delaying response?

Someone clear this up...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait... but... 8 hour response times are unfounded, the GOLDEN hour is bunk, and we shouldn't run emergent to save 5 minutes... but Marathons and Protests kill people by delaying response?

Someone clear this up...
The troll came from under his bridge.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ban concrete medians in the middle of the road! (But no seriously I hate those things lol)

E tank

Oh...I get it now. I took the bait....

Summit

Critical Crazy
Nobody has a sense of humor... or caught my 8 hour vs minute typo

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Hehe, or maybe we're so salty that we think most of our responses probably do deserve an 8 hour delay...

But in all seriousness, given that so many EMS responses are for non-emergency calls...the OP's comments are even less sound.

E tank

well...the idea of there actually being a 'golden hour' is kind of gone...

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I noticed it, and couldn't figure out what you were referring to.... maybe a super rural situation?

Summit

Critical Crazy
OP
OP
A

Alan L Serve

Forum Captain
Here's another review demonstrating the statistically significant higher number of people who die because of the traffic and inaccessibility of care causes by marathons.