Hi-Vis Jacket Wanted

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My company issues us horrible rain jackets that come out of our paychecks. To avoid this I'd like to buy my own, used and in good shape would be more than ok. Looking for a Mens L or XL.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Tigger, rather than looking for a "public safety jacket" look at a workwear shop. The ANSI standard is the same if you're a construction worker or a paramedic. You can find really good quality rain jackets and hi viz coats at most of the workwear shops for a lot less than you'll pay for one that comes from a uniform shop or a police equipment place.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Or wear your normal, personally owned jacket and buy a safety vest that you can wear over it.

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Or wear your normal, personally owned jacket and buy a safety vest that you can wear over it.

That's what I do now. I don't really want to destroy my Patagonia rain jacket or fleece vest at an MVC. I don't really need any dark neutral color jackets so I figured getting an ANSI coat would be the way to go.

I'm gonna hit a workwear place eventually but if anyone has something they're looking to get a buck for I figure I could help out.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I recently bought this jacket from a company called Reflective Apparel Factory. As other posters mentioned, it's more of a workwear company and so doesn't have the other-people's-money markup.
So far, it's a comfortable, waterproof, and very visible jacket, though it seems to make dogs freak out.
Downsides: I'm pretty sure this actually is the factory. You have to call them to place a custom order, and they seem a little baffled by small orders. Their sizing chart is also a bit odd. Short version: find a jacket that fits you well and measure its outside dimensions. Shipping, in particular, is pretty expensive, so you might want to get a couple people together.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
OP, how'd this work out?

OP
OP
Tigger

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Found a solid one from a workwear store. Then lost my job that I needed it for. I suppose if the lying cretin that is the CEO of my company didn't have it in him to supply the employees in his precious little 911 contract with rain jackets I probably should have known better to think my own job was safe from an arbitrary transfer to a base 60 miles from me.

I'm not mad, I swear.